Marble Bible

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

A friend at work brought this to show me. It's a small marble bible. It's scarcely 3" at the longest and 3/4" at the thickest. According to her, it was found in a field on an acreage.. It has some paint left on the page edging...is gold with black lines to indicate pages. There is some paint to suggest a decorative binding...you can see that in the photo a little. I can tell that there was paint on the front cover, because there are very small specks at close observation...but you can't see that in the crappy phone images here. There isn't enough to indicate what sort of book it was intended, but, it's probably a Holy Bible.

I would appreciate any info anyone might have as far as how old this might be...or who made these and in what era, from what country or whatever. I am not sure if it was intended to just be a conversation piece...or a paper weight or what or if it was attached to some other votive statuary of some sort.

Again, any input will be appreciated. Thank you!

Jarl

Attachments

• IMG_20160331_224315.jpg
    IMG_20160331_224315.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20160331_224409.jpg
    IMG_20160331_224409.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 85
Is it possible that it was a decorative peace of a tomb stone or grave marker? Cool find.

HH, Relic Nut

Upvote 0
Thanks for the input everyone. I thought too, maybe it was part of a larger statue or something, but then I see them here and there online as singular objects.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back