Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
• Jun 28, 2024 • ✪
This is the story of Mr. Louis Matacia and Mr. David Villanueva. They discovered that a special Polaroid camera with a infrared filter could see treasure auras. David was able to use this technique to locate and find several iron age gold coins....With a polaroid.... But does science back this up? scientists can tell you what asteroids are made of :coffee2:

Remember unless you are a Nuclear Scientist or similar
NO Arguing !

It's just a Technique that needs more thought

I think there was a post here many years ago about digital cameras being able to see gold. Is my mind making things up or does anyone else remember it?

I think there is a lot of confusion about this topic

what you can see is the IR emitted cause the difference in heat the objects undergo... for example we expect metal conduct more heat than rocks so maybe you can see a spot where there is a difference of IR emitted...

It is more valuable a UV light to look where people put their hands especially in remote areas.. (this is a known trick so I give you for free)

If I had a method to find lots of gold i certainly don't tell everibody.

IF The Above Story of the 5 Gold Coins is True,
And I Have no Right to Call him a Liar..... :dontknow:
of course I Used a digital Camera.

however Maybe I should have Dug :treasurechest:
DSCF00060.JPG

Last edited:
Hmmmm....interesting. I agree with giuhalftrack. If there is anything to the story, it likely had something to to with differences in heat levels.

On a related note, I once found a beautiful Draped Bust Large Cent six inches below a pile of deer poop. I have always suspected that the deer somehow detected it with some unknown deer superpower and then he pooped over it to deter me from finding it while he went to look for a shovel.:laughing7:

Jeff of pa # 6

While I like your photo--and it is your photo--I see several problems with the way you took it if you really are showing a Treasure Aura

It appears to me you are facing the sun--usually Treasure Auras show up best with out the camera facing the SUN and showing a prisim or rain bow effect.

Normally you take photos with your back to the sun or from the SOUTH FACING NORTH ( in the Northern Hemisphere )

If your using a Polaroid camera and really want to take photos of treasure--this is best done at daybreak or sun set---

Another type of FLASH from Gold or Silver can be captured on a digital camera--during any time of the day or night / if your camera allows this
yet this usually requires thousands of photos to capture the flash

There are several other types of treasure Auras--such as occur during intense thunder storms , ect, ect.

Hmmmm....interesting. I agree with giuhalftrack. If there is anything to the story, it likely had something to to with differences in heat levels.

On a related note, I once found a beautiful Draped Bust Large Cent six inches below a pile of deer poop. I have always suspected that the deer somehow detected it with some unknown deer superpower and then he pooped over it to deter me from finding it while he went to look for a shovel.:laughing7:
I had the exact same thing happen to me. Unbelievable..! See.. you and I would get along great. It's the ol' I'll lie and you swear to it thingy (the deer part). Works everytime buddy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back