All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_0622.JPG
    IMG_0622.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0621.JPG
    IMG_0621.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 116
It's not quite technically a Maltese cross, but a Cross Pattee. This form of it with concave indents at the end of the arms is much like the Knights Templar (and maybe other fraternal organizations) used on some of their medals, flags, etc. but I'm not sure how it would be used specifically, even if this were correct. One possibility, given the size and construction of it might be a broken off medallion from a ceremonial sword (a bit of a stretch). This link shows a modern piece of junk, but shows the concept of what I mean; knights templar sword Picture - More Detailed Picture about knights templar sword Antique silver / crusader sword / medieval sword / final fantasy sowrd * 083 * Picture from CRAFT SWORD & KNIFE STORE

Upvote 0
It looks somewhat like an old radio dial or some type of dial. Interesting find, Breezie

Upvote 0
Fifth Army Corps horse bridal rosette? (that would be MY wish for you...!) Very interesting find, congrats, Sub

Upvote 0
Fifth Army Corps horse bridal rosette? (that would be MY wish for you...!) Very interesting find, congrats, Sub

Actually I do think it might be a bridal rossette. That rusty iron on the back would likely make it around 1900 (that is if I guessed right)

Upvote 0

LOL.... Would'nt that be sumthing! Where wood one look to see if it possibly be a rosette?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back