Relic Hunting

Attachments

• 228365_3924815247891_595927563_n.jpg
    228365_3924815247891_595927563_n.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 4
:icon_thumright: Good deal.

master_cat,
Nice bullet collection you got started there! I'm curious and there is nothing wrong with your detector but could you explain how you decided to use a DFX. I think it is interesting to learn how/why folks are using what they are using and what they think of, can share about their machine. As you can see I also have a string of White's detectors and have been pleased with the models/brand/company/service dept/etc. I started with coins, then a gold ring, and once while detecting a yard with the home owners children playing around me they started asking me what I was doing. I explained and showed them how my machine had just identified a piece of junk. One of the three asked if they could have the junk, I said yes and then they all asked for junk finds. Oddly enough when I pulled a fired .45 ACP slug out of their front yard it went to the little girl and the boys were bummed out. So bullets are found every where though yours look like older items and likely CW ones at that.

Now I must ask if that is you in your Aviatar Picture and if so could you tell me something about that tiny minnow you are holding!! Man that's a nice fish!! Have fun, make friends, dig finds and catch more fish.......63bkpkr

Its always nice to find great things!! And finding a friend is one of the best finds you can ever find!

Nice finds!!

i need to change my detector being used im now using a fisher f75 and the fish in my pic is a 49 pound bluecat lol yea they are civil war period bullets hoping to run up on a plate somtime

Good looking finds, Watch out for got2dig, He'll ease one out on ya once in a while.....Espicially buttons! lol....And the piece of melted lead under the first .69 cal looks like a whale........................HH............got2dig......pretty good guy .....But don't tell him isaid sooooooo........................HH

I dig it, thanks for sharing.

This was a day that I got to meet new friend, and had a good time digging some nice finds. finding a new friend was the best part of the day. Brent hope to have many more hunt to go on with you. Here is the lead that I dug.

DSC03881.JPG DSC03892.JPG DSC03893.JPG

Love the lead. HH

Last edited:
Congratulations on the 3 ringers, master_cat!
Nick

Good looking finds, Watch out for got2dig, He'll ease one out on ya once in a while.....Espicially buttons! lol....And the piece of melted lead under the first .69 cal looks like a whale........................HH............got2dig......pretty good guy .....But don't tell him isaid sooooooo........................HH

lol. Your so right there Greg. Hope to see you soon, and hope that you and TG have a good day. Dig one up for me. HH

Killer finds guys......got to watch that catfish catcher......glad to hear from you tonight as well. Get ya down here soon to do a little shooting. Start swinging the coil again after deer season.:icon_thumleft:

What's the round ball with the raised bit on it? I found something exactly like that but I feel like mine was steel (I could be wrong, maybe it just hadn't oxidized enough) and I had no idea what it was. I think someone had suggested a bell clapper but now I'm second guessing. Do you happen to know?

Cannonballguy? I'm sure you would...

What's the round ball with the raised bit on it? I found something exactly like that but I feel like mine was steel (I could be wrong, maybe it just hadn't oxidized enough) and I had no idea what it was. I think someone had suggested a bell clapper but now I'm second guessing. Do you happen to know?

Cannonballguy? I'm sure you would...

It's a pistol ball and it was molded in the field, and the top would get cut off it's mold overflow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back