Major coin/bill finds

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I owe you all a story of how I found these. My grandparents who lived with us finally moved to an assisted living facility. After they moved, we were cleaning out their old room. We found a lot of interesting things. These finds really stand out.

IMG_4832.jpeg

The Susan B Anthony was found in a bag of coins I went through. I guess they thought it was a quarter. The other two were hidden away in a small chest. We opened it and found many foreign coins, the silver quarter and the half dollar were among them.

We also found a collection of half dollars, ranging from 1964-1994.

IMG_4833.jpeg

We also found framed two dollar bills ranging from 1928 to 2009.

IMG_4834.jpeg

In my mind, this is a phenomenal find.

Upvote 5
Any two dollar 1928 STAR bill in VF-20 or better condition is worth over $100. If you have the '28 B STAR bill featuring Woods and Mills you can just about quit your day job (~$20,000); even more if in better that VF-20 condition.
Don in SoCal

Any two dollar 1928 STAR bill in VF-20 or better condition is worth over $100. If you have the '28 B STAR bill featuring Woods and Mills you can just about quit your day job (~$20,000); even more if in better that VF-20 condition.
Don in SoCal

Unfortunately, none of them are STAR bills.

SUPER Finds! Congratulations!! :headbang:

It's up to you... If it were me, I would have to reach out and ask if they meant to leave those items or what? If they didn't, I would return them.

It's up to you... If it were me, I would have to reach out and ask if they meant to leave those items or what? If they didn't, I would return them.

To tell you the truth, I would, but both of them have dementia, so I don’t know if they’ll remember these items or not.

I could definitely try.

With dementia….
Sounds unintentional to me. I’d say the monies belong to their estate, to be rightfully disbursed as intended.

As a comparison, my mother-in-law had dementia. We came across a sock containing 30-some Mercury dimes. I wanted them for our grandkids. There were no “special dates, mint marks, errors, etc.
We had them quoted by a coin buyer.
We paid that amount in to the estate
and slept well at night. Just a thought. 👍🏼

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back