✅ SOLVED Made in Germany mystery

LogansRun

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ideas as to what this item is? I found two of them and they are heavy.
Pics February 050.jpgPics February 052.jpgPics February 053.jpgPics February 055.jpg

Odd. My first thought was a 8 track cassette player, but no wires on it. What's that tag on the bottom say? Sure like to know if that offers any info? I don't think your providing all can about it, such as dimensions of it. Could be a fireproof safety box missing a drawer for all I can tell :dontknow:

Upvote 0
There are no dimensions here Buddy. Not electronic and non locking and heavy.
Is it magnetic? My guess would be that it is a magnetic field for wiping Tape Media More than likely VCR Tapes

Upvote 0
Odd. My first thought was a 8 track cassette player, but no wires on it. What's that tag on the bottom say? Sure like to know if that offers any info? I don't think your providing all can about it, such as dimensions of it. Could be a fireproof safety box missing a drawer for all I can tell :dontknow:

The tag says Made in Germany on both the top and bottom.

Upvote 0
There are no dimensions here Buddy. Not electronic and non locking and heavy.
Is it magnetic? My guess would be that it is a magnetic field for wiping Tape Media More than likely VCR Tapes

The dimensions are about 5"x5". Not sure if its magnetic. Not near the item at the moment but I can check later this afternoon about the magnetic part. It is also open on both ends.

Upvote 0
Vintage Cassette Eraser made in Germany

Erase any of your small media with out any power. Uses rare-earth Magnets
Powerful and quiet enough to use at your office desk, this unit utilizes the latest permanent magnet technology instead of electricity, making this unit fully portable and deployable for use in mobile degaussing applications.

Simple and Quiet Two-Pass Operation
Slide your tape cartridge through the slot opening of the 5400 Gauss magnetic field of the degausser. Flip the cartridge over and slide it through again. Your tape is erased.

Mobile and Deployable: No External Power Required
This degausser uses permanent magnets and is thus a stand-alone unit that does not require electrical power. It is fully deployable for on-site and emergency degaussing.

Erase.jpg

Upvote 0
Vintage Cassette Eraser made in Germany

Erase any of your small media with out any power. Uses rare-earth Magnets
Powerful and quiet enough to use at your office desk, this unit utilizes the latest permanent magnet technology instead of electricity, making this unit fully portable and deployable for use in mobile degaussing applications.

Simple and Quiet Two-Pass Operation
Slide your tape cartridge through the slot opening of the 5400 Gauss magnetic field of the degausser. Flip the cartridge over and slide it through again. Your tape is erased.

Mobile and Deployable: No External Power Required
This degausser uses permanent magnets and is thus a stand-alone unit that does not require electrical power. It is fully deployable for on-site and emergency degaussing.

View attachment 1704823

Thanks. The item comes from a military officer's estate so am guessing the two devices were U.S. Army issued with the green color.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back