lucky?

ROBERTDRIGGERS

Sep 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this at a thrift store, bought it thinking it was silver. its not marked, but it passed 4 home tests indicating it was possibly gold. 1) bite test 2) make-up test 3) magnet test 4) specific gravity test which indicated a density number of 14. any thoughts? thanks in advance... IMG_1051.JPG

How easily does it bend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
super easy, like lead. so easy that i accidentally broke off one of the gem fasteners...

Upvote 0
it looks like it may be made of pot metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
would that be like pewter? i checked all the specific gravity of those and they are low...

Upvote 0
that's what i thought and took it out, breaking a clasp in the process. when i reweighed it, i still got 14 specific gravity...

Upvote 0
here's a close up. the pink is the reflection of my skin. the underlying metal revealed by the scratches i make was just as shiny as the surface...IMG_1052.JPG

Upvote 0
By the picture it looks to have been sized,When that was done it could have been where the marking was.Take to a reputable jeweler and get it and the stone tested and repaired if legit.Could be white gold.

Upvote 0
When I doubt take it in And Check it Out they Don't Charge you to Have it Checked Just tell them You Are Thinking of Selling It

Upvote 0
FYI you can''t really use whether the prongs bend as an indicator of anything because often times the prongs are not the same material as the band. Just as an example, white gold bands sometimes use platinum prongs. I have no idea what the ring, or its prongs are made of, just pointing that out.

Upvote 0
the rest of the ring is pretty soft and malleable. the ring itself was really easy to bend back into shape (it was pretty warped).

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back