MVC-004S.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 280
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 289
Angelo said:
Wood Burning Stove Plate?

Angelo,
I didn't even think of that. I bet you're right. It has a curve to it too like the stove would have. I wonder how old this piece is?
Great guess.
Thanks,
MM

Upvote 0
Yeah it does look like the coal stove door that was at my grandfathers house when I was a kid. They also had a wood burning kitchen stove. It sure was a treat to watch my granny cook on it. The electrical wires ran up the wall and across the ceiling to the light fixtures. They had a well house built onto the end of the kitchen and they used to let me draw water up sometimes. It must have been one of the oldest houses in Petros, Tennessee.

Upvote 0
It appears to be about 5.5 x 5.5 inches. Isn't that kinda small for a stove/oven door? Maybe for a parlor stove, but I can't see it for anything larger.

Upvote 0
TreasureTales said:
It appears to be about 5.5 x 5.5 inches. Isn't that kinda small for a stove/oven door? Maybe for a parlor stove, but I can't see it for anything larger.

Or... maybe a trap door to remove ashes... ???

Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
TreasureTales said:

Or... maybe a trap door to remove ashes... ???

Yeah, an ash door would be about the right size. MJ, you are truly a genius. ;)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back