Love the look of this LC

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of the nicer dug LC's I have found. I have found them with better detail but I like the way this one looked after cleaning and drying, just enough patina to give it some character. I started tonight hunting a new yard that I just received permission on. The owner took me out and showed me where his wife's grandfather's house use to be before they tore it down and built the present house. I thought it was strange that I was not getting many good targets in the front yard. I ended up with just one 36 wheat and this LC was laying near a giant tree next to the driveway. I talked to the owners when I was done and his wife said..."that's not where the house was, it was on the OTHER side of the driveway, where the pole barn sits now"! Needless to say, guess where I will be hunting tomorrow? There is not a huge area of front yard there but the LC is giving me some hope! I will check in tomorrow afternoon if I am successful! Good luck to all of you this weekend if you get out!

100_3016.jpg

100_3015.jpg

Upvote 0
I still haven't found one. Yours looks awesome. :headbang: :thumbsup:

Thats a sweeet lookin big coppa,good luck with the rest of the property,theres more goodies to come for sure!!
Jerry

Dang Wall, that is a nice LC... I love finding those. Yours is a beauty that's for sure..Congrats...jgas

jgas said:
Dang Wall, that is a nice LC... I love finding those. Yours is a beauty that's for sure..Congrats...jgas
That is a nice one Ifound one last year that had a 9 counterstamped on the ear

This is sure enough, your year! Keep goin' with your bad self! Congrats...Hogge :headbang:

You'll have to talk to one of the experienced coin guys on here on how to clean it better,the green that is left on it will eat the coin an pit it....

Seeing it instantly made me think of a copper I have. I like the look also.

gratz on the nice large cent, keep rooting around there is always a missed opportunity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back