Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is wet, rained all night and drizzling all day. it is in the lower 30's and this means some sort of comfort food so I have decided on beans. I have a pot of red beans with a chunk of ham bone loaded with smoked ham (left over from Christmas meal). the beans are seasoned up with the usual as well with a little crushed peppers and a smattering of jalapenos. to go with this and make it even better will be cheesy mexican cornbread. my new carharts will just have to wait, the smell of comfort food is filling the house. so what is your favorite winter comfort food?

Sounds delicious! Put it all in a crockpot, grab your ATPro, suit up in the new Carhart's and get out!!
Food will be ready when ya get home. ;)
Peace ✌

wish I could, am nursing the little woman, she has been pretty sick the last two days. already did the wash, dishes, vacuumed, cleaned up the house, all from family being here for Christmas. but I do have the carharts on. she has taken good care of me in the past.

thanks, its pretty wet out there anyways, us old farts don't like to get wet and cold, could be hazardous to our health! LOL

Yep, we put a stew in the crock pot this morning. Tomorrow is ham and beans with cornbread! Perfect winter foods!

the only other thing that would have made this meal better would have been garlic and onion fried potatoes, maybe next time

Hope your wife feels better. We usually have prime rib for Christmas, so I save the rib bones and make a really good beef barley soup with those.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back