Lost Kilgard Fortune

gods country girl

May 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a new treasure legend for me, i haven't heard of this one before today.Location is Tioga County PA.Can't give further info ,because i have permission to hunt this property.

Old man Kilgard was reported to be very wealthy.It is said the he buried his fortune on his property.He then left for New York , where he was later murdered.

Has anyone else heard this legend???

I just did a quick search of the local history website for Tioga Co. Pa, and nothing showed up under "kilgard". Are you sure of spelling? How about first name, dates of birth/death?

not sure on the spelling,
first names , birth and death dates would be giving to much info, on a place i haven't had the chance to hunt yet. I am going to be md'ing the property tomorrow night. Keep your fingers crossed i actually find something........lol

That Is one I Have no Knowledge of.

Only thing in Tioga I Would like to
find is The Patriot's Lost Cannon Factory on Gore's Mtn.
near Tioga
in a sealed cave, supposedly
still containing several hundred complete cannon and
a fortune since the Revolution.

but unfortunately too far to research fully,
and too wide an area for me.

not to mention it won't be found with a detector.

God's Country Girl'
I have never come across anything about the Kilgard legend, If i do I will let you know.

Jeff,
If you or anyone else are researching the cannons on Gore mountain, I can give you a some important information.
Don't look for this in the present day Tioga, Tioga County.
It is located near Tioga Point, Sayre, Bradford County, Pa.
Back at the time this took place, that was called Tioga.
There is a Gore mountain and a Gore Hotel there.
They were named after the Gore family who lived there.
I did a lot of research on this, but never went to the sight.
There is a lot of history there.
Later, Clayton

Clayton,
Thanks for the tip on Gore Mtn.--Sayre is in Bradford County, not Tioga, which makes a big difference. Jeff has me intrigued with that story, so I guess I'll be trying to research that.

ray in ny said:
Clayton,
Thanks for the tip on Gore Mtn.--Sayre is in Bradford County, not Tioga, which makes a big difference. Jeff has me intrigued with that story, so I guess I'll be trying to research that.

Good Luck !

the local Historical Society May be able to Help

I checked the books that I have and there was no mention of this one. Good luck with your search. Hope you find silver and gold.

Nothing from My research Either. I Checked both PA & Upstate N.Y. Only Mentions of Gore Mountain I can find says the Name
was used as a Ski Resort in the 1930's .
No news reports on a Cannon Cave .

Unfortunately Search Option for News Print in "Cannon Cave" worldwide

476 Matches · "Cannon Cave"​

But Search Replaces Cave With "Gave" " Cannon Gave " :(
There May be a Correct one or 2 in there, But Nothing in the General Area and too Time consuming to check 476 news stories for one Subject :(

on the other subject, Only Kilgard Mentioned in Tioga County was this.................>​

The Wellsboro Gazette Combined with Mansfield Advertiser​

23 Apr 1947, Wed · Page 4
000aaa.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back