Losing Battle with a Lawnmower

psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a few of my finds for today(14 July 2005)......

>:( gold doesn't fare well when it tangles with a lawnmower......I found whats left of what appears to have been a real nice gold bracelet......well at least there is the scrape value........ :-\

The round tin (Cover only >:( ) has the following marking: looks like a piece of parchment with a crown over the top and the letters

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?M
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?S - R

within a circle, in the middle of the parchment, scroll work surrounds the whole design........

A handle or something........

Attachments

• 14 July 2005 - Finds.jpg
    14 July 2005 - Finds.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 443
Upvote 0
One solid piece

Hi, my guess is the thingy on the left ,that looks like a handle is something I have seen on old small pictures. I don't know if they had them, just for looks or if they were really used to hang the picture with. Anyone else want to guess? lol :D H.H

The middle thing looks like the lid off of what would have been a nice little compact. JIM

The item on the left looks like one of those things that screwed into the top of a lamp. Not sure what it is called.
pickaback

Nice finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

Thought this might help give a better prospective.

Attachments

• handle.jpg
    handle.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 300
Nice relics psgen. Hope you're planning on going back and trying to figure out trajectory on the rest of the bracelet pieces~CO2 ;D

Hello,

I believe that the "harp" part of a lamp carries the shade. The upper retaining piece is a finial and is typically internally threaded. By the size it could be a screw for the side of a victorian type stand up mirror or pivot mirror on top of a dresser.

HH

BC

Cool finds!!! keep it up!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back