Looks like the worst kept secret is finally official! Deus 4.0, new coil, pinpointer

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well all, XP finally announced the official release of version 4.0 software for the Deus, plus their new pinpointer and 2 new coils! :hello2:

DEUS: Product information and News | Blog

From their page:

We are proud to announce some new accessories and software for XP DEUS which will be available on the market in a few months. They will be demonstrated at the XP European Rally in the UK which takes place on 17-18th of September, and also at the Exhibition for Metal Detection which will take place in Paris on the 8-9th of October 2016.

• New! PINPOINTER XP MI-6
  • New! Optional 22.5cm (9inch) search coil operating at high frequencies
  • New! Optional ELLIPTICAL search coil operating at high frequencies
  • New! V4.0 software FREE to download
  • New! Software application Go Detect

For more details, check out the page.... I could copy and paste it all but that would make for a long post. :)

The pinpointer looks and sounds like it's gonna raise the bar. I hope my screen colors on my phone are off because it looks like White coils or is this just prototypes of what is to come.

Those are sure going to look purdy getting dirty.

Well... I know what I want Santa to bring me this year for Christmas. :icon_thumright:

The pinpointer looks and sounds like it's gonna raise the bar. I hope my screen colors on my phone are off because it looks like White coils or is this just prototypes of what is to come.

I'm excited to see these as well... and the white coils will be interesting looking. I'm assuming they are intending these to go in the desert prospecting and as such the white would be less of a heat sink than black ??? :dontknow:

Having a wireless pinpointer will be great... I'm imagining a Sunray X1 on the Explorers - in other words discrimination.... but without the wire. 8-) Guess we will have to wait and see. Perhaps someone at the rally will report back in a few days as to what they saw.

Discrimination on a pinpointer would be the exact opposite of a selling point for me.

The new XP Pinpointer known as the MI-6, will have the following innovative features:

– Rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery

– Submersible up to 20 feet

Connection via radio link to the DEUS with the following advantages (patents pending):

Where does the 4' antenna wire connect? :laughing9:

The pin pointer will similar to carrot, but will have a program to select to intergrade it with the DEUS.
Thus you could use it under water as a stand alone pin pointer.

When will V.4 be available to download? And when it is, how does one go about doing it?

Is is updated via USB port on control box, unknown when it will be available.

I think the software will be available once the hardware has been shipped to distributors. Hence the "few" months more we have been hearing about.

Yes, per the press release they plan some more testing through at least November..... it appears that it will be a while until we see the hardware and software. :BangHead:

Discrimination on a pinpointer would be the exact opposite of a selling point for me.

It sounds like it'll still work as the current Deus pinpoint button does in all metal, so you could still use it in that manner. However, tonal information on target type would be huge in a pinpointer. I work iron patches and dig many questionable targets that have ferrous and non-ferrous in the same plug. I'll still remove all the iron, however it would be awesome to know just where in the plug the non-ferrous object is. Then extra care can be taken to extract that target when removing the dirt. In addition, it will be invaluable when working in a trashpit where loads of iron is everywhere. I've pulled many non-ferrous items off a pit bottom that were still masked by the 9" coil due to the amount of iron. This pinpointer is basically a small coil that can tell me just where everything is down there.

If you have ever dug out a CW campsite trash pit for six hours to find four brass buttons amongst 1000 pieces of tin ration cans and tree orchard fabric staples using a Garrett carrot pinpointer, you could appreciate the potential game changing advantage a discriminating pinpointer (a la the Sunray's) could bring to the field in terms of time savings or at least in saving your sanity (I was ready to bash the pinpointer in a thousand pieces every time it hit on a ration can fragment except that it was instrumental in helping me get those buttons [fortunately it was not hitting on the thousands of glass shards, including those two melted glass fragments below, in the pit - lol]). Deus hitting on the dropped three ringer below the buttons in the display case was what started it all. Admittedly, a niche feature for specific situations, but if you can switch the pinpointer between discrimination or all metal modes, what's not to like?

20160323_160721.jpg

Last edited:
If you have ever dug out a CW campsite trash pit for six hours to find four brass buttons amongst 1000 pieces of tin ration cans and tree orchard fabric staples using a Garrett carrot pinpointer, you could appreciate the potential game changing advantage a discriminating pinpointer (a la the Sunray's) could bring to the field in terms of time savings or at least in saving your sanity (I was ready to bash the pinpointer in a thousand pieces every time it hit on a ration can fragment except that it was instrumental in helping me get those buttons [fortunately it was not hitting on the thousands of glass shards, including those two melted glass fragments below, in the pit - lol]). Deus hitting on the dropped three ringer below the buttons in the display case was what started it all. Admittedly, a niche feature for specific situations, but if you can switch the pinpointer between discrimination or all metal modes, what's not to like?

View attachment 1361619

Point taken, never have and never will do much relic hunting, but if it helps you guys out that will be kick ass.
I'm a gadget fiend, who am I kidding, I'm almost certain to get one unless it is priced ridiculously high [$200+]

I'm excited to see these as well... and the white coils will be interesting looking. I'm assuming they are intending these to go in the desert prospecting and as such the white would be less of a heat sink than black ??? :dontknow:

Having a wireless pinpointer will be great... I'm imagining a Sunray X1 on the Explorers - in other words discrimination.... but without the wire. 8-) Guess we will have to wait and see. Perhaps someone at the rally will report back in a few days as to what they saw.

Does this mean I can finally tell the wife.....Gee honey we've got to move out west to the desert because of the new Deus coils. If you think this will sway the wife let me know. I'll hang up and listen for your response. Hot dang I can't wait..

Last edited:
Looks like the announced price of the pin-pointer is a little high. $1,000.00 That's more than the entry level XP Deus!

Looks like the announced price of the pin-pointer is a little high. $1,000.00 That's more than the entry level XP Deus!

Got a source to share for that info ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back