looks like teeth in there

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
Found this a while ago and never posted it but it is metallic and pretty heavy for its size (1.3 ounces). The starnge thing is that it looks like it has teeth shape in there. could it be a mold of some sort? Anyone have any ideas or how I can check for sertain things....like is it lead due to it's weight? What else could have formed those shapes in there?

Thanks

Funkman

Attachments

• unknown object.JPG
    unknown object.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 767
Could be a chewed or what I like to call "amputee" bullet lol. I am told that this is in fact not true, but I have heard that CW soldiers would bite on bullets during surgery because of the pain, for lack of a better explanation. Typically old lead has a white patina though, so I am not sure about yours...

Interesting piece though

Upvote 0
I looked up on the net one time to find out where the term " Bite the bullet " came from, and I read that it came from the Civil War field hospitals. A terribly wounded soldier was given a bullet to bite down on before having a limb or digit amputated to prevent him from biting his own tongue off. And the medicine balls that I have found, were relieving to the hurting soldier, as the lead seemed to somehow, have magical pain relieving properties :o. They didn't know that at that time that the lead they were chewing on was actually, slowly killing them anyways :icon_scratch:.......NGE (T)

Upvote 0
notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
I looked up on the net one time to find out where the term " Bite the bullet " came from, and I read that it came from the Civil War field hospitals. A terribly wounded soldier was given a bullet to bite down on before having a limb or digit amputated to prevent him from biting his own tongue off. And the medicine balls that I have found, were relieving to the hurting soldier, as the lead seemed to somehow, have magical pain relieving properties :o. They didn't know that at that time that the lead they were chewing on was actually, slowly killing them anyways :icon_scratch:.......NGE (T)

As good an explanation as any! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back