🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Looking to identify(Old Bullets, Casing, ArrowTip)

itsConnorStade

Aug 14, 2024
All found in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada — Rosedale Area/Lower East End

First - I think it’s a very old rifle bullet casing.. not magnetic.. very heavy.. weighing a whopping 1 pound, 5 ounces.. May have an engraving but it’s hard to make out, can almost see the letters “CPN” but I’m not positive.
Height: 5.5 CM

Second - Weighs 12 Grams

Third - Weighs 10 Grams

Fourth - Possible Arrow Tip.. Early-Mid 1900’s? Weighs 3 Grams (Wood still inside).

Attachments

• IMG_0863.jpeg
    IMG_0863.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
# 1 is a Victor GPN torch nozzle that's full of dirt making it so heavy. View attachment 2164054 then you have 2 modern bullets and a modern arrow tip. wood is still showing so not as old as you think.

I believe you are correct sir, thank you very much!🙏🏻 the nozzle has been cleaned though and isn't full of dirt, still that heavy Lol. But I still think you’re right.

And yeah, I wasn’t sure about the bullets, I thought maybe the third to the right (more silver in colour) could have been a little older… I guess not though, and someone had told me they had a similar arrow set from the early-mid 1900’s that’s why I assumed but makes sense .. it was infact very incased with dirt and I kinda pulled the wood out, perhaps being inside preserved it a little longer? Idk regardless thank you for your time and knowledge! If you happen to know what kind of bullets they are I’d love to know thanks again!

Upvote 1
The bullets are short and stout like pistol bullets. The one on the left is odd with its two diameters and hollow base. Measuring their diameter in decimal inches with a caliper would tell a lot.

Upvote 1
The bullets are short and stout like pistol bullets. The one on the left is odd with its two diameters and hollow base. Measuring their diameter in decimal inches with a caliper would tell a lot.

I don’t currently own a calliper but I’ll be sure to get one asap, measuring to the best of my ability, the larger bullet is 1.1 cm = 0.433071 in.
and the one more silver in colour is 0.8 cm = 0.314961 in.

Upvote 0

Attachments

• IMG_0918.jpeg
    IMG_0918.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0919.jpeg
    IMG_0919.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back