looking for unbacked veranda carpet

You have no choice "Unbacked or Backed".
Veranda is Veranda.
Like Russ says, hit your local carpet store and ask to look at their Shaw samples.
I did that a few years ago and picked up several running yards. Offered it custom cut to others after I cut what I needed.
Don't have any left but if there is a market for it, I'd go buy some again.

Bob

Just look deeper like Russ said--unbacked rocks,backed anything not so as stops the microfines concentrate downward and no more golden halo when dumping at days end in the dredge/sluice or whatever. Sluicebox,hibanker,big dredges and small I use it in them all as the ONLY recovery material that is universal that I've EVER seen in almost 60 years a gold grubbn'-John-

Attachments

• securedownload[8].jpg
    securedownload[8].jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 100_0371.jpg
    100_0371.jpg
    999.3 KB · Views: 150
  • uo.jpg
    uo.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
I was trying to find someone that sells veranda carpet for my sluice. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Just wondering what kind/size of sluice are you wanting it for? I may still have a used piece of the older design that John is referring to, as they have since changed the pattern. "Veranda uni" is the closest thing to it.

Here is what they are selling as Veranda nowadays: http://shawfloors.com/search/sfsearchresults.aspx?Ntk=Keyword&Ntt=veranda

This is what they are closing out called Veranda Uni: http://shawfloors.com/search/sfsearchresults.aspx?Ntk=Keyword&Ntt=veranda 12' uni

Last edited:
Does the unitary catch as well as the old style carpet? I talked with a carpet place yesterday and will have some samples in a week or so. They spent alot of time with me on this even knowing that it will be a small order. So far (correct me if wrong) green is exstink. Want it for interchangable mods for 4/3stage and river sluice. It is still directional which may be common ? in all carpets.

Google ads up top list nylon veranda by shaw but when going to the website won't bring it up. Will try the above links in a minute but just wasted 1/2 hour and nuttn' came up on searches there even for SHAW but in bold print supposed to be there. Anyhow the hunt continues for a current source here in town. Out and about yesterday and 4 decent sized carpet stores I've used in years past 2 are closed gone :dontknow: but the gubermint says all is just hunkey dorey right...bs. Other 2 no longer stock or maintain dealerships any longer as 0 construction up here. Lowes/Homedepot have nil ,seconds mostly . Black ,charcoal and blue are the only colors I've ever seen. Used in many hotels,I found it as scrap in torrance in the 80s when Howard Johnson being built as used everywhere there. Boat/houseboat mfgrs exclusively used for many years also. My bud and I picked up rolls over the years but bankrupt and gone now too??YAAAA the great new society at work. I have given away to many folks over the years and given away all my extras not in use in all my units here. Anyhow the hunt continues and ifn ya need a sample I have pieces/parts around from giveaways to utilize as a sample for comparison to find. Will ship free as always BUT must promise to post the source when found so I can buy more and dispense with this carpet drought. Silly ol'man WILL keep some in a stash for "me" as the factories close and everyday items becomes a nightmmare to procure-John

Thanks for everyone's input. I have still not found any. Ended up getting the gold hog mat. I will give it a shot.

The closeout carpet of what GG posted is what the carpet place here came up with. COLOR CODES are (63400 Ocean Reef) (63550 Black Top) (63700 Dockside)

That carpet seems to have a backing called unitary?? I'll go to T/C today here in town,never seen or heard of them but they do come and go fast now-thanx much GG-John

none of the examples that Good Guy posted were even close to what my Veranda carpet looks like!

Didn't look like mine either but I guess that's all they make now. :dontknow:
Anyway I'm not much into carpets anymore.

GG~

Went to local Shaw listed dealer and they said what??? I sent out 7 samples to 6 states to folks who requested sample to hunt down a source. Lousy economy has killed off sooo many great products. Oh well I threw the net far and wide and now wait and see. Thanx much for the folks who are trying as the ABSOLUTE BEST CHEAPEST recovery material available ever-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back