Looking for treasure hunting partner (Sacramento, CA)

rob95610

Jul 14, 2015
Citrus Heights, CA (Sacramento)
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

My name is Rob. I am a 45 year old married father of 3 sons. I am looking for a partner for gold panning, metal detecting, and fishing in the Sacramento area. I usually take my 12 year old son with me but he has school now so he can only go on weekends. My other 2 sons are adults and only come occasionally. We just started detecting and gold panning this year. I would like to go once or twice a week. I am a house husband so I can get a day off whenever I want.

I am hoping to find someone who knows a few good fishing spots. I haven't found any yet! I have found some decent places to pan on public land. One place for sluicing so far. Still scouting for more while considering joining a mining club. I also know a great spot for detecting coins that doesn't seem to be worked already.

I am in pretty good shape and somewhat athletic. Hiking and climbing over rocks, logs, and wading rivers is not a problem for me. However, I am taking meds that mess with my endurance and they slow me down a little. I have a stent in my heart and the meds screw with my blood. But I am still out running my kids! I often ask my 12 year old how can he be tired when I am carrying the most weight and doing the most work LOL!

My wife is not into the outdoors. Unless the zombie apocalypse comes. I am a quitting smoker and I use an e-cig. Everyone around me smokes so getting outdoors is a way for me to get away from the cigs. I smoke marijuana legally. I don't drink alcohol or coffee. I have a little car and a little trailer. I don't mind driving. I bring my own lunch and water.

I think that is all the relevant info. Send me a private message on this board if you would like to partner up. I don't want to go anywhere alone in case something happens. Most of the places we have been going are out of cell range and fairly remote. If I break a leg or something it could be really bad without help!

Thanks for viewing,

Rob

gold!.jpg

The start of our collection!

Wel-come and good luck in the gold hunt ... :goldbar:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back