Looking for someone to prospect with in Missouri

stonecutter1

Apr 25, 2011
Shawnee, KS
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites MXT,Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am planning on attending the next GPAA meeting in Smithville,Mo on 6/18. Is there anyone out there who is a member of this club who can tell me anything about it? As far as I know they meet on the 3rd Saturday of the month. I am also looking for a panning partner from the K.C. or surrounding area. I did some panning many years ago in Montana & Colorado. Its been along time since I've done any panning though. Thanks.

Upvote 0
would love to take you up on it but right now I have other obligations and a lack of equipment. Wish you had asked before school started. I am extremely green in the hobby though

It has been about 15 years since I did any panning, don't have a lot of equipment either. I've got a couple of the green garrett pans & a classifier & some old metal pans. I want to buy a backpack or liteweight aluminum sluice.

ole Warsawdaddy is also a member and a nice guy to boot! youll like that club and the people in it! tell ole Doug Foster when ever you meet him, i said hi! you wont miss ole Doug!!!also check their website at: www.showmegold.org and the meetings are held in Wellington Missouri now instead of Smithville. all their info is on their website.and youll need to check the correct date for their meetings. i think its supposed to be on the second saturday of the month EXCEPT for this months meeting ! it was cancelled due to a club outting to the Carolinas. its all on their website as i said!

Hey Russau, thank you for the info. I spoke with Randy the Pres. of the club last Sat. evening. They had only been home from their outing to Thermal City about 15 minutes. Maybe I'll try to make it next month.

Do I need to be a member to show up at the meeting in smithville on the 18th? A contact number from someone involved in the group who is also a member here would be great

as i previously stated, you can check out their site for all of their info at www.showmegold.org it shows when their meetings are at Wellington,Missouri on the 2nd Saturday at 11:00AM all of this is on the website! they havent had a meeting in Smithville in several years.

when i googled it it showed the smithville meetings on the gpaa website. Maybe it hasn't been up[dated or I was looking at the old page

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back