Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266

Attachments

• 1560303343001.jpg
    1560303343001.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 91
Hi, the pin is in great condition. Please post a picture of the reverse along with a coin or ruler for scale. Also, if you know, include the type of metal.

Upvote 0
SRYY could be an abbreviation for SORRY. The handshake goes along w/ that, maybe even the harp. Posting a picture of the reverse and size would help...

Upvote 0
Thank's for the comments. I found out it's an Odd Fellows pin. I think it's from the 1880's or 90's. i have to do some research but i think the initials are the first initials of the for board members of the hall at the time the pin was made.

Upvote 0
"financial pin"... the "sryy" stood for the entity... IMO of course.

Upvote 0
Thank's for the comments. I found out it's an Odd Fellows pin. I think it's from the 1880's or 90's. i have to do some research but i think the initials are the first initials of the for board members of the hall at the time the pin was made.

Wow, learn at least 1 thing new everyday on TNet. SRRY could also be a surname... see https://www.houseofnames.com/srry-family-crest

Early Origins of the Srry family

The surname Srry was first found in Devon where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 13th century when they held estates in that shire.

Upvote 0
Thank's for that info and I will have to look into that.
Wolverine.
Wow, learn at least 1 thing new everyday on TNet. SRRY could also be a surname... see https://www.houseofnames.com/srry-family-crest

Early Origins of the Srry family

The surname Srry was first found in Devon where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 13th century when they held estates in that shire.

Upvote 0
You see the shaking hands and or a finger pointing up to the heavens on a lot of headstones around here in New England, pretty cool

Upvote 0
I'm still looking into what the letters at the top mean and I will let you know if I find out. Thanks for all the help and comments everyone.
Wolverine.

Upvote 0
I found out that this pin is a Ancient Order of Hibernians. I sent an email to a historian to see if he knows what the initials mean. i will let you know if he comes up with anything.
Wolverine.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back