Looking for help

1171HP

Dec 8, 2004
SW MO
I am looking to see if anyone has an old brass railroad luggage tag (I believe). I would like to see a picture of a specific one that I had once upon a time and then lost, (that is if anyone has one). Long story short. I was moving about 10 years ago and when I went to pull my metal detecting find box off the back of the Uhaul trailer(it was dark), I dumped my box. I thought I had picked everything up and it wasn't until later I realized it (the brass plate) was missing and more than likely in the back of the trailer which was who knows where by then. I was in a concrete driveway at the time and if it had fell out I should have found it. Anyway, it was made of brass and was rectangular in shape about 1 1/2" - 2" by about 3" to 4" long. There was writing at the top and bottom but kind of blank in the middle. (That is if you are looking at the front with the plate laying long side down.) It had something about the "Tennessee Railroad". The long edges were folded back about 1/4" as if it would grab a leather strap. Also on the back was a stamped old script style number like "57". I remember not long before (maybe after) this I saw two of these brass plates in a treasure magazine. (Western and Eastern I believe.) Anyway, I realized it was the exact brass plate/railroad luggage tag. Any help would be appreciated. See sample drawing. I really hate to think what I might of lost.

Attachments

• Sample.JPG
    Sample.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 247
  • Sample.JPG
    Sample.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 252

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back