Looking for a place as close to Memphis

try the Mississippi River for fine gold. look now while the river is low. look esspecialy for bedrock outcroppings and the cracks in it. its there, just get out there and do it!

Thanks Russau! Was thinking about that....huge river, lots of silt. The river is kind of low right now. Also trying to figuire out if there is anything in those streams in Central Arkansas...i go up to Greers Ferry all the time.

i recently read in the news paper that the COE is going to lower the river levels even more by choking off the dams flood gates this Nov. 23 untill sometime this spring. it maybe the last time we will see the river levels this low!

Thinking the sand bars would hold something? Wondering how deep the bedrock is to get to...im not real experienced and never tried a river this big. Im also hearing that the Arkansas River near Little Rock has produced some color, but, that might be a rumor.

again i read where the COE wants the dredgeing operation to keep the channels open, will be dredgeing the river 24/7..and as deep as it is now and with chokeing down the flood gates. the material they pull up ought tobe some GREAT material! ill be looking to get some of it if i can! why dredge when theyll do it for you!!!!! go to the closest sand and gravel plant to you and ask to look at the material theyre bringing in then. buy a dump truck load of it and have it deleverd to your home or a place you can store it untill you can go through it!you want the raw material unscreened/or washed! you can expect to finf fossils.pertrified wood,banded Lake Supirior agets,lots of black sand and of course gold.maybe a club project??

Thinking the sand bars would hold something? Wondering how deep the bedrock is to get to...im not real experienced and never tried a river this big. Im also hearing that the Arkansas River near Little Rock has produced some color, but, that might be a rumor.
Gene, I would suspect that the sand bars on the "ol' Miss" would be too thick to bother with. The gold would be "under" the sand which means your hole would fill with water long before you got to the gold. TTC

BTW, welcome to Tnet... the BEST on the internet! TTC

theres a man in our club that has used his highbaker to work the sides of the river and found fine gold. he uses his John boat to get to where he wants to dig.

New to metal detecting

I'm new to metal detecting. Are there anywhere else I can go besides the Mississippi river? Also you guys can check out beside the highway where the trees and small river beds are

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back