Lookin fer treasure wherever I go...Saturdays finds

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Saturday morning I was tidying up the garage.I happened upon a forgotten boxlot of goodies I had bought at an auction in February.At the bottom of the box were two old dime banks.One of the banks seemed a little heavier than the other and after a little gentle persuation coughed up a 42 Merc and a 46 Rosie.........

Attachments

• dimes.jpg
    dimes.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 394
Upvote 0
Later that morning I was enroute to a nieghboring town when I stopped at a barn sale and picked up this nice Sterling and glass compote for 2.50.....

Attachments

• compote.jpg
    compote.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 398
Saturday afternoon I drove by this ancient looking dam and decided to have a look around.The area around the dam had been backfilled so it didnt look very promising.However , down by the waters edge I found the remnants of a couple of blob top bottles.I grabbed up my detector and hopped into the water to have a look-see what I could find.After about an hour and a half I ended up with a partial toy gun, a stoneware Weir canning jar lid dated 1892, and a small copper container about the size of a chew can.Ther was a lot of sediment below this dam and I believe that any coin size items would be buried far out of my reach.Im getting my Excal on Tuesday though so I may try and prove myself wrong on that theory......H.H.....JO

I did find alot of old bottles and pottery but nothing salvagable....just fragments.

Attachments

• relics.jpg
    relics.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 396
Any ideas on the copper-tin?? like I said , its the size of a chew can.It has no script and there are two small dimples on the top....see pic. It was kinda beat up but I straightened it out pretty good.The top fits on like a chew can would. Thanks....Jo

Great job jopher!!WTG!!

Well does it say Copenhagen on it? The can in my pocket says "since 1822".A can of snoose that old would be quite a find! An old fellow stopped to watch me detecting one day,and said 'be sure to keep any snoose can lids you find,they're valuable! LOL

I'll bet the rest of that BB gun is out there somewhere! JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back