renogeoff

Jan 27, 2010
Carson City NV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EuroTek Pro/Explorer II/Safari/ACE 250,Classic IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out Sunday with a new hunting buddy (longtime SoCal detectorist Leo, who just moved to Vegas) and introduced him to the hot, desert hunting of scarce Las Vegas finds. (scarce because Rayrayvegas got to them first!) :laughing7:
He almost passed out by 10am due to the heat and only bringing 1 bottle of water. :tongue11:

After 2 hrs of digging a bunch of wheats and what-not from the baked dirt and clay, we headed out to the nearest store for some drinks. On the way there we stopped at the house I got my first Barber and Indian last week. We and lasted about 15 mins, but it was long enough for me to get a solid signal and 4" down I pulled a nice worn foreign silver coin. After getting home and cleaning a bit I was able to verify it was a Canadian quarter. Really worn down, but it is either 1916 or 1936. (some rare 1936 varieties, but no way to tell with it being so worn down) I keep getting interesting but toasty finds from this lot, so I may give it another couple hunts to make sure I cleaned it out.

Glad to get some silver after the hot, dusty torture, thanks for looking!

Attachments

• canadian 25 cent front.JPG
    canadian 25 cent front.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 83
  • canadian 25 cent back.JPG
    canadian 25 cent back.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 4
That place has treated u well. There has to be more there for u to find. We both went over that area alot. finding that shows your Metal detecting skills, Congrats. Tell Leo to bring at least 4 frozen water bottles if he wants to survive our summer detecting self abuse. Lol. Hopefully ill meet up with u guys this weekend.

nice silver

Nice silver. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back