Long time lurker... just joined....

dukeblaster

Oct 31, 2023
Hi,
Very long time lurker on this site. I'm as Masshole so hopefully you don't hold it against me... originally from western NY though.

Just turned 40 and have been a long time adrenaline junky (mountain bike, spearfishing, urbex, surfing, telemark skiing etc). Spent my late 20's telling my girlfriend now wife "I vow to never to metal detect.... that is way too dorky..... I will not be that old man on the beach". Well, she got me hooked at around 28 years old after she got her grandfather's detector and she bought my first detector for my birthday (tesoro compadre). I was sort of forced into it. We hit the local woods and started pulling up colonial stuff (my first good find was within 1 hr .....a brass bridle buckle from the 1700's). I was hooked!!! As usual my wife is cooler than me and knows whats right.

Fast forward ten or so years, kids, house, married, dog, and a bunch more detectors (even some home-built ones!). We still sneak out on my lunch breaks (work from home) to hit up the woods. Beaches are a must when the kids want to go in the summer. This hobby has brought my family into a bunch more odd historical hobbies (my nine year old daughter got us into colonial reenacting for instance). The detector(s) go on every vacation, and usually every car ride to be honest.

Anyway, I love the hobby and have met some interesting people along the way. Learned so much about my area, and found some wonderful items. Looking to meet up with other like minded people and start to share my adventures with all of you!

Hi,
Very long time lurker on this site...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: MASSACHUSETTS for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Hi,
Very long time lurker on this site. I'm as Masshole so hopefully you don't hold it against me... originally from western NY though.

Just turned 40 and have been a long time adrenaline junky (mountain bike, spearfishing, urbex, surfing, telemark skiing etc). Spent my late 20's telling my girlfriend now wife "I vow to never to metal detect.... that is way too dorky..... I will not be that old man on the beach". Well, she got me hooked at around 28 years old after she got her grandfather's detector and she bought my first detector for my birthday (tesoro compadre). I was sort of forced into it. We hit the local woods and started pulling up colonial stuff (my first good find was within 1 hr .....a brass bridle buckle from the 1700's). I was hooked!!! As usual my wife is cooler than me and knows whats right.

Fast forward ten or so years, kids, house, married, dog, and a bunch more detectors (even some home-built ones!). We still sneak out on my lunch breaks (work from home) to hit up the woods. Beaches are a must when the kids want to go in the summer. This hobby has brought my family into a bunch more odd historical hobbies (my nine year old daughter got us into colonial reenacting for instance). The detector(s) go on every vacation, and usually every car ride to be honest.

Anyway, I love the hobby and have met some interesting people along the way. Learned so much about my area, and found some wonderful items. Looking to meet up with other like minded people and start to share my adventures with all of you!
Yep same here! Triathlete turned metal detectorist. 😂

Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Hi,

Great to meet you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back