Long armn just sucks, I am ready for warmer weather

maverick41950

Jun 18, 2012
NC-Piedmont area and only an hour away from fine c
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
39 degree water here the other day and with the ungodly wind here made it LL--but 3 1/2 dwt made it alllll better-John

I have been shallow water sniping lower clear creek (Probably the same area John got his temp reading from) for the last 2 weeks when the sun is out, I just have neoprene waders and rubber shoulder gloves to keep me warm.

My face and arms are in the water and sometimes I have to really reach and fully go under.
Needless to say, everything gets filled with water after a while, gloves always first.

I have a good 1.5 to 2 hours before my hands become hard to move and my feet start bothering me, I can ignore the pain till that point though, then common sense says "Get out of the water dummy!" . lol

I have my wife there on the sidelines to get me warmed right back up when I come out.

I have recovered almost 6 grams over the last couple weeks, not bad I guess. :P

Last edited:
i HATe shallow water dredging its a killer on everything knees back im done with it this year, we start high banking in may possibly something a little different but its risky cant talk about it quite yet stay tuned in :)

Yeah, it can be a bit hard on a person for sure, and the water is fast right now so I have gotten a little caught up a couple times in the flow. :P

If you want to share some highbanking tips with me through PM I wouldnt mind, I traded my GB Pro for a nice Proline 3" Dredge / Highbanker combo and have yet to use it. x_x

Keep up the good fight Vini and again congrats on them throwing the case out. :)

Yeah, it can be a bit hard on a person for sure, and the water is fast right now so I have gotten a little caught up a couple times in the flow. :P

If you want to share some highbanking tips with me through PM I wouldnt mind, I traded my GB Pro for a nice Proline 3" Dredge / Highbanker combo and have yet to use it. x_x

Keep up the good fight Vini and again congrats on them throwing the case out. :)

Neo, haven'tyou figured out by now that there is no place down there you can use that new Pro Line monstrocity:dontknow:
You really got burned on that deal. BUT, since I like you, I'll help you out & I'll "take one for the team". You ship that monstrocity up here, & I'll ship you an as new GB pro to replace your old one.
I'm here for you man...:icon_thumleft:

LMFAO! Nice one Vance. :)

If it makes you feel any warmer we're been in the low 90's already this year! UGH I swear Yuma, Az has 2 seasons, winter from November through March, then we get summer April-October! We've only had about 3 weeks of 70-80 degrees now it's getting hot already. On th eplus side the warm weather is MUCH better on my back, so I guess that's good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back