Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

Attachments

• 100_0612.JPG
    100_0612.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 368
  • 100_0613.JPG
    100_0613.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 387
Nice find. I think the first word is "Maker", then definitely "Lancaster" then I'm sure "PA"
I'm no expert but a little research has thrown up some possibilities.
The I.P. Reese Padlock Company is/was in Lancaster, PA. From what I can find Reese is /was also the manufacturer of the Excelsior brand of padlock.
A good site for padlocks is
http://www.antique-padlocks.com

I found one looks very similar, particularly the rivet pattern, but it obviously isn't quite the same.
padlock BC Co.jpg

from this site www.members.aol.com/padlockweb.misc.htm

Mike

Upvote 0
Cool - I saw that name Slaymaker and it didn't click ::) - good name for a HM band though 8)

Upvote 0
TEXAN Connection said:
This was a eyball find along the Hearne RR in some busted up ground (alot of great bottles destroyed there). I m wondering about age and ID I can quite make out the words

If you can get me a better (straight on) of the front I can probably ID it for you.

Upvote 0
Bout as good as I can get. Thanks for all the info so far, It does look like part of the name behind the lock body, and I can see aymaker, and definetly lancaster PA

Attachments

• 100_0618.JPG
    100_0618.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 302
Upvote 0
company was founded in 1888 by Samuel R. Slaymaker. Samuel R. Slaymaker got his interest in locks from working for the Pennsylvania Railroad as a civil engineer. He was interested with the railroad switch and signal locks and after a while he became familiar with them.

Very cool find Al!!!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back