VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally had some time to get out. When there's little time to get out we go to the square. This was a Quaker settlement in the early 1800's. Picked up my bud, The General Lee and got to the site ...4 minutes later :laughing7: Crazy thing were out in a plowed field and a car pulls off the road and stops . This lady gets out dressed from the office in high heels in a plowed field and says I see these guys out here all the time. What are you looking for? I said a hot chick like you! The wind was blowing just right, the general heard me but she didn't. He's single I'm not so I turned laughing and kept swinging. Then I get a slammer of a hit. Looks like a button but no loop on the back. Gave it a little brush off ...SILVER!!! 1821 silver 1 reale :headbang: I can't imagine the stories this coin could tell! The best part was when I realized the Mexico mint mark! I called over the general for a confirmation, I found silver and he didn't get a date. :laughing9: Found a couple really cool pieces of glass. What a rush to pull silver like that. I had to sit down and drink a beer!! If anybody has any tips on cleaning, it would be appreciated. One more question, what is up with the two in 1821?

Attachments

• spanish coin 1821 front 4-27-18.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 128
  • spanish coin 1821 back 4-27-18.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 18
Beautiful old Spanish Reale, congratulations! :occasion14:

Looks great to me as is I wouldn't do any cleaning if I were you but I'm obviously not so it's your call congrats on the great find

Awesome silver, congrats! One day I hope to find a reale. Bucket lister for sure

Congrats, looks good just like that!

Nothings up with the '2' that's how they did them in that period.

Congrats on your Spanish silver. It it were mine, I would not clean it, other than to run water over it, and get the dirt off. I like to remember my coins the way they came out of the ground.

I agree. Leave it the way it is. Fantastic finds. Congrats!

I agree. Leave it the way it is. Fantastic finds. Congrats!

you could soak it in lemon juice for a bit or take a tiny bit of baking soda and wet it a very softly wipe across the coin until it looks like how you want it

YEP JUST A WEE SILVER HE SAYS>

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back