✅ SOLVED Liquid inside but what is it

bayou6895

Dec 23, 2012
Central, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, ACE 350
Found in area where civil war items found. Sounds like liquid inside when shaken. Please help, what is it?
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Yes, it's metal container of some kind. 1st pic is just a top view to show width, you just can't see the stem (top) in the picture

Upvote 0
Ok,gotcha now. Hmmm...scratching my head.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It looks like a small oil can.

:)
Breezie

Upvote 0
Looks like an old style oiler missing the spout and handle. Like the one Dorothy used to oil the Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz. It may not have had a handle though because it's so small.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think Breezie's right. Plus, the only way any "liquid" could be in there, it'd have to be oil,
and have it still be liquid, without rotting the can (have that can as it is now cause of the oil. Water or anything else, would have rotted through).
Plus, it has the look of an oil squirt can.
Cool find! lol...I love finding stuff that still has it's contents!

Upvote 0
Poke a small hole in it and see what's inside.

Upvote 0
I think it looks like a parafin oil can. But I would be careful opening it before an expert can tell you exactly what it is.

Upvote 0
Shape and size are consistanct with an ink well. I have never seena metalic one, though. IF it were part of an officer's wagon/mobile office, it could very well be made of metal to keep from breaking in the wagon......

Upvote 0

At 1 1/2". More like a petrified meatball :laughing7:. What are we thinking? A coconut is much bigger than 1 1/2" and food can't be detected anyways :dontknow:

Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Considering the Dare ruler it would be pretty ironic if it turned out to hold something that caused civil war soldier sickness ; )

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back