Like to know what it is?

pistol-pete

Nov 4, 2012
Custer County, CO. at 9300 Ft.
Detector(s) used
1970 Garrett Hunter, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this Sunday in this 1870s mining camp. Have no clue what it is, Anyone have a guess? Measures 2 13/16 out side and 1 13/16 inside IMG_0768.jpg

a piece of a horse bit (side piece) or a ring from the traces? decorum off of a piece of furniture... that's my ideas anyway. what does the other side look like?

Upvote 0
We've seen those here before. As I recall one of the more plausible guesses was pipe brackets for overhead runs that fit in a metal "C" channel.

As and I further recall that was my guess becasue I have worked at two steam powered and heated facilities of pre-WWI age and they looked familiar.

Upvote 0
I think Charlie's bang on with the id.....I found one somewhat similar in a 1920's school yard and that was the best guess also.

Regards + HH

Bill

Upvote 0
Gotta admit. Nhbenz has the image of the right size to support bed hardware. :thumbsup: Trumps my guess. :occasion14:

Upvote 0
Confirming that Nhbenz got it right (a late-Victorian era "horseshoe-style" bedrail hook):
the image below showing one on the wooden bedrail, with info about it, was posted here a couple of years ago by our fellow T-Net relic ID-helper Creskol.

Attachments

• bedrail-hook_horseshoe-bedhook_Victorian-era_WITH-TEXT TN_postedbyCreskol_.jpg
    bedrail-hook_horseshoe-bedhook_Victorian-era_WITH-TEXT TN_postedbyCreskol_.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back