Other

Attachments

• 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 577
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 579
Yes, a nice future relic of the past Chris. What they should have done is wait until something OTHER than a CFL bulb is available before they banned incandescents. CFL's contain TOXIC Mercury >:( and I get stressed out everytime I have to change one afraid that I am going to drop and break it!!!

Upvote 0
thrillathahunt said:
Yes, a nice future relic of the past Chris. What they should have done is wait until something OTHER than a CFL bulb is available before they banned incandescents. CFL's contain TOXIC Mercury >:( and I get stressed out everytime I have to change one afraid that I am going to drop and break it!!!
Not to mention the frequency they operate at.

Upvote 0
Nice find ! I love old light bulbs . I have many I've collected over the years .

Upvote 0
--and the reported fire hazard from China's bulbs--- are they really band in the U.S.? have not heard this. if everything changed to diode lights, that's a better thing---- da Prof

Upvote 0
aka said:
--and the reported fire hazard from China's bulbs--- are they really band in the U.S.? have not heard this. if everything changed to diode lights, that's a better thing---- da Prof
Sorry,I was off a bit,a lot of stuff folks aren't aware of,Heck,I'll pull their coats to a lot of stuff! God Bless Chris http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=45156

Upvote 0
Hey MOJJAX....WHAT KINDA BULB IS THIS I GOT..ALWAYS WONDERED.WAS IN HOUSE WHEN I TOOK OVER..NOT IN A FIXTURE THOUGH

Attachments

• P1010872.JPG
    P1010872.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 483
Upvote 0
http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=45156
[/quote]
---GAD, I can almost remember hearing about this, now that I read your link. I really haven't noticed the absence of 100 watters. --they do give a better illumination in work lights--

Upvote 0
curt_in_wmass said:
Hey MOJJAX....WHAT KINDA BULB IS THIS I GOT..ALWAYS WONDERED.WAS IN HOUSE WHEN I TOOK OVER..NOT IN A FIXTURE THOUGH
Here's a big one I have , about the same size as yours , Curt . It is marked 400 W pat. NOV 8 1904 .
it was up in the rafters in our barn in a big metal "china Hat" fixture .

Attachments

• bulb 007.jpg
    bulb 007.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 792
  • bulb 013.jpg
    bulb 013.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 788
Upvote 0
thrillathahunt said:

You mean "HAZMAT" Mercury. Should you be ganging them yourself? I think you be noticing your local HAZMAT team.

Upvote 0
as far as phasing out goes-- just bought an eight pack of 100 watters today at Loewes--- so, must not have been enforced just yet--

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back