🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back in the Virginia "hunted out" site. Learned how to make the Tesoro go deep. Six .69 cals, three .58s, five percussion caps, some bucks and lead, couple pistol balls, poncho grommet with cloth, and a bullet made into nipple protector. All this in 20 feet of careful hunting.Deep though. Worked hard for every one.
IMG_2855.JPG
IMG_2847.JPG

Upvote 2
That's my digging tool, sitting in a hole, with a .58 on the top of the handle. Gives you an idea of the depth I was getting signals with the Tejon! Whoa.

Congrats! I guess the secret on Tesoro depth is out! :icon_thumleft:

i use the tejon and i am quite impressed with the depth it can get, how do u have your settings on it set-up if i may ask??

Sure you may ask. Obviously ground balanced. I set my threshold at the lower range and I prefer a low tone range. Beyond that, it's old-school straight up. All-metal, no discrimination at all. Sensitivity at 9.5. Standard coil from the factory, and cheap headphones. In lowest discriminate, I was walking yards without a signal. Nothing at all. Which is great at a junky house site. But this is a clean battlefield. Signals are either modern projectiles, or civil war related. Period. So I was going yards without a signal. I switched to all-metal, slowed down and got careful. I dug a .58 cal 3-ringer at around 18" (It WAS in trench dirt, which is cleaner, but still...).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back