Lead token or C.W. poker chip?

Southern Brass

Sep 6, 2013
Central , North Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Pro , White's MXT , Bullseye II Pinpointer, MineLab Musketeer XS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
br529 001.jpgbr529 002.jpg. Found this round piece of lead yesterday in an area where I have found other civil war bullets, buttons and other items commonly found in campsites. The diameter is roughly 19 to 21 mm depending on which angle you measure it or the diameter of a nickel. The thickness is 3/16 inch thick. I'm guessing it is lead because the patina is the off dirty white like an old bullet.Both sides have something stamped but even with a magnifying glass I cant make out the letters. On one side the best I can make out 3 letters is K(R?)AL. Also both sides have a a groove pressed in it that looks like maybe the edge of a checker or poker chip. The two pictures are of each side & I zoomed in as close as I could. All opinions or guess or coments are welcome. I,m curious to know if it could be an old rosette , poker chip from a bullet or a lead merchant's token:icon_scratch:

Looking at the pictures I think I see some numbers in the right side picture?

Upvote 0
Lead seal.jpg After finding this pic here on Treasurenet.com and looking at the seal I have found I can make out LEOPOLD STASSFUR on one side and KAL SYNDI on the other side. Thanks again to everyone for helping solve my mystery piece

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back