Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• image-837161970.jpg
    image-837161970.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 108
You got me, I've never heard of a lead arrow head. You sure it's lead?

Upvote 0
the indians did fight in the civil war so maybe they made it,but not sure civil war lead is white here in tennesse

Upvote 0
A lead arrowhead. Sounds like a bad idea. Can't say I've ever seen one.... what's the size of it?

Upvote 0
A lead arrowhead. Sounds like a bad idea. Can't say I've ever seen one.... what's the size of it?
Here is it next to a quarter for size aspect

photo(1).JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yea probally a bad idea if they meant to use it,i was thinking they got board and carved like the soilders did bullets.

Upvote 0
Well we do know how lead acts at high velocity fired with gun powder. It be interesting to fashion a new arrowhead from a piece of lead and put it to the test. Who knows? with a certain speed in velocity it may penetrate the flesh of a small animal. At least we'd know that. I can see if a native was aware that the metal scraps left buy the settlers worked as points why not try the easy to pound in to shape lead? I'm not sure, but I think I've read that in Missouri native lead deposits have been found. Who knows if the native peoples used lead for any type tools???.... Did you find this with a MD?

Upvote 0
Well looking up lead arrowhead I did find a post on a competing MD forum a person talks of a lead arrowhead his mother found in the 1930s in Kansas. The image link they posted of this so called lead arrowhead sure looks like a stone tool to me. Could be the native peoples just fashioned lead arrowheads for jewelry pieces???

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back