Late 2 hour afternoon lake hunt uncovers another ring!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• SAM_0568.JPG
    SAM_0568.JPG
    358.8 KB · Views: 111
  • SAM_0569.JPG
    SAM_0569.JPG
    314.9 KB · Views: 116
  • SAM_0570.JPG
    SAM_0570.JPG
    253.2 KB · Views: 114
  • SAM_0571.JPG
    SAM_0571.JPG
    243.6 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 11
Very nice, Treb. You're wanting that Mud Master title, aren't you?:icon_thumright:

holy cow man, you are one busy dude! I don't blame you for going every chance you get, the thrill of the hunt is the find! work that lake for all its worth!

Very nice, Treb. You're wanting that Mud Master title, aren't you?:icon_thumright:
There is no mud involved, just nice cool clean fresh water with a gravel bottom, I'm going to work this lake, I have a few others to try. I was talking to a guy nearby who told me of a south Jersey lake where a guy back in the 20's used to rent boat rides for a dollar. I was told by this old gent that there were allot of silver dollars and halfs changing hands in the water. Haaaa.

holy cow man, you are one busy dude! I don't blame you for going every chance you get, the thrill of the hunt is the find! work that lake for all its worth!
There are miles of shoreline with four sandy beach areas on this lake. Iv'e only been in one 50 yrd by 20 yrd area, if that! And only one little piece of one swimming area. I ordered a new scoop, (its like a bucket with a handle,ha lol)

Wow your really racking up the clad good count there! And a nice ring to boot, awesomeness!

I used to do a lot of water hunting. The jewelery was such a turn on! I loved finding them. But, I guess I'm just a coinshooter at heart. Oh sure, I got a lot of silver coins from the water too. But, they were always soooo corroded! Such wonderful coins but in such bad shape just kinda lost interest.

Sorry, but your ring reminded me of all that, I'm am happy for you and your finds!

Ok treble, u need to stay home, I'm starting to get a wee bit jealous here.......I kid of course, congrats

I used to do a lot of water hunting. The jewelery was such a turn on! I loved finding them. But, I guess I'm just a coinshooter at heart. Oh sure, I got a lot of silver coins from the water too. But, they were always soooo corroded! Such wonderful coins but in such bad shape just kinda lost interest.

Sorry, but your ring reminded me of all that, I'm am happy for you and your finds!
Your living in the past memories of your now forever gone metal detecting career. lol (I wish I was there) Since I started this hobby, I have compared it to my old hobbies of game hunting and fishing. The big difference is with proper conservation practices those resources replenishes themselves. This hobby once you pull it out of the ground it is replaced with a cheap version of something really beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I have met metal detectors who only love LC's, some who only love silver. It's almost like playing the lottery, 9 times out of 10 your going to pull something out of the ground that's only worth a few bucks. So the question is, do I like it? I kind of look at it like the LC's Iv'e had the luck to find. When I show them to the general populous they see a old coin that can barely be read. To me it is beautiful. The corroded silver I have pulled out of that lake is worth as much as the same 1936 Merc I pulled out of someones yard (about 3 bucks?) One looks better then the other, but silver is silver and when I pulled those out of my scoop and seen what they were it made me just as excited as if I were in someones yard.

Ok treble, u need to stay home, I'm starting to get a wee bit jealous here.......I kid of course, congrats
Haaaa no your not, you have been doing great finding allot of cool stuff.

Thanks, both of you guys!

Brad don't take this the wrong way. Remember I'm a friend ok. But I think you have a bad addiction and need to find a group. Nah I'm just jealous. Glad you're able to get out a lot. Maybe I'll find something that will allow me at least a year off

There seems to be a rising tide of jealousy... I know that I feel it deep insdie of me. Congrats.

Your living in the past memories of your now forever gone metal detecting career. lol (I wish I was there)

Yeah, I am and consider myself very blessed that I have this opportunity. Most of the ones I grew up with are gone.

But, the coins, especially the silver ones! Yes, thy are all the same raw material. Their worth is the same. But, when I pulled a really nice, old silver from the saltwater, I just felt a bit of a drop in my mood. Oh yeah, glad even happy to find it but, so corroded! :'(

Even so, it wasn't the real reason why I dropped out of the hobby. It was the aspect that I was young with a large family and discovered that I could help pay the bills with what I was finding. Rings/silver/etc. But, you see, I didn't start the hobby to make a profit. I wanted to KEEP all the things I found! When it became a third job, I put the detector in the attic and gave up. It hurt too much.

Everyone finds their own niche in this world, happily, I've found mine, again! At least I might be able to finish up happy. That family I worked so hard for, all my friends, relatives, etc? They moved on, without me. Makes me wonder why I worked so hard. :(

So, this time? It's my way! :)

Thanks!

Yeah, I am and consider myself very blessed that I have this opportunity. Most of the ones I grew up with are gone.

But, the coins, especially the silver ones! Yes, thy are all the same raw material. Their worth is the same. But, when I pulled a really nice, old silver from the saltwater, I just felt a bit of a drop in my mood. Oh yeah, glad even happy to find it but, so corroded! :'(

Even so, it wasn't the real reason why I dropped out of the hobby. It was the aspect that I was young with a large family and discovered that I could help pay the bills with what I was finding. Rings/silver/etc. But, you see, I didn't start the hobby to make a profit. I wanted to KEEP all the things I found! When it became a third job, I put the detector in the attic and gave up. It hurt too much.

Everyone finds their own niche in this world, happily, I've found mine, again! At least I might be able to finish up happy. That family I worked so hard for, all my friends, relatives, etc? They moved on, without me. Makes me wonder why I worked so hard. :(

So, this time? It's my way! :)

Thanks!
I sense allot of anger. I know because there is much anger pent up inside me.
I hear you and appreciate all your replies and any help I pulled from your threads and post. I hope you find what your looking for.

Brad don't take this the wrong way. Remember I'm a friend ok. But I think you have a bad addiction and need to find a group. Nah I'm just jealous. Glad you're able to get out a lot. Maybe I'll find something that will allow me at least a year off
I keep looking for the paranoid anonymous meeting, but they won't tell me where its at!

I hope you find it too.

There seems to be a rising tide of jealousy... I know that I feel it deep insdie of me. Congrats.

Wait till you see my next thread, I'm getting ready to post it now.
Thanks

the meeting was over at the old house place down past where the lightening struck the cow back in the sixties, you remember don't you? just down the road from where the school bus hit the bull. it was a secret meeting for members only.

Any day with the detector and outside is a nice day. Looks like you had a Reaaly Nice day !!!

Nice silver ring!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back