Last weekend my first walker this weekend my first seated dime

WheatbackDigger

Jul 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Etrac
10 feet from where I found my first Walking Liberty Half (1916d) last week , I found my first Seated Dime (1877). What a joy that was. Also got another Mercury dime (1936) and a 1957 Washington. Maybe this week I'll get a better camera and post some pics. Still very new to this, but I am really liking this hobby and my DFX.

Upvote 0
Those are awesome finds.

Doug,

reallly nice finds for just starting out. Heck nice finds if you have been doing it for years. Hope you will be hitting

the same area again.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Doug!!! Gotta get that camera!!!!

Great finds!!!!

Nana ;)

A SEATED!!! Man, I keep trying to find them, they're all hiding on me. ::)

Nothing shines like silver in the ground. Congrats on the finds. Did the signals blow your headphones off?

Congrats.
Chris from SW MO

Hope this picture works. I am new to the camera

Attachments

• weekend.JPG
    weekend.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 322
Looks like I need to practice a little with the camera, but that's the best I can do for now

Nice dime, congrats on the find. Was it deep in the ground?

Yea! You got the camera!! ;)

Pictures just make the story!

Thanks for sharing!

Nana ;)

Your welcome Nana...Zumbro it was about 6 1/2 inches on edge..My DFX was jumping around a bit...but dug anyway..I really think this park has alot to offer..Been there three times now and it has produced silver everytime. Small town USA...I honestly don't think its been hit much..the only problem is that its a 45 mile drive there. It's an old stagecoach stop that died out after the railroads came through. Lots of small towns like this where I live.

Cool, you got the Metal Detector you got the Digital Camera your all set. Can't wait for more of your posts. I can't find silver for **** but everyone else can and your doing great!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Even blurry i can see it has the liberty in the shield. Looks like VF easy.

That walking liberty half is a nice "type" coin. They only put the mint mark on the obverse for 2 years. (1916 and 1917).
I also like the seated dime.

Sounds like you're about to get really hooked! (you're there)

keep up the good work those are really nice finds anyone would be proud of, Glad you posted them....

That should keep you really motivated for awhile ! Great finds. I found my first walking liberty a couple of weeks ago and I'm still pumped. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back