Last Thursdays Hunt

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last Thursday's Hunt

Got out last Thursday (4/19) to a place that has given me some silvers last year on a couple occasions
with another detector of mine. Was too busy and tired to post until tonight--had some free time.
It has been way too dry in the Northeast and I did not want to make a mess out of the
park turfs (being the soil was not holding in the plugs well).
So, I decided on on a wooded grove that I had some luck before on.
Nice, shady, and the soil still had some moisture.
I have to say I was not having much luck...digging clad and the like as well as some of the
relic-like pieces there. Then I decided to do the exact same area I dug the silvers last year out of.
It was maybe 20x20 in area.
Sure enough, and I could not believe it as I got a strong dime reading so I was hopeful.
Out pops the mercury dime, and I thought . o O {OK that was weird}.
And, I know I gridded it last time.
Ok, well, I swing the coil over the hole again and get the nickel signal.
It was solid and unboncing so I already knew what it was..or at least hoped. It was just to the right of it..in fact inches.
1945-P War Nickel. I was thrilled.
So after that I got some more nickel signals OR at least paid attention to them and pulled a 1937 buffalo out as well (in not so bad shape either).
Interesting enough the soil I found the silver and buffalo nickels in was like a black sand. It was not the normal soil on the other side of the grove. Almost, like someone dumped pool sand on the ground years ago.
And, got some clad, old toy car, watch face, and some pieces and parts of things I have no idea what they are.
All the targets were in 5 inches or less of soil.

~CF

Attachments

• 4192012gg.jpg
    4192012gg.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 4192012e.jpg
    4192012e.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0
:headbang: Sweet !! Nothing is totally cleaned out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread