Last nights two Colonial finds....

johny mc.

May 18, 2005
The adage it works when you work it seems to be true in th'ing. I've been hunting as regularly as I can. Working my shadow and exploder and looking forward to a xmas purchase of an mxt. Heading to Va in March with the diggin in Va. group. anyway...got out last night to an old colonial site. I hunted and dumped, meaning no spit and polish just dig and place in pouch. Wasn't too happy with my finds til I cleaned off the pin/brooch. Pretty nice detail ........ and I took a close-up of the shank on the coin/tombac button. I swung 3 times and dug the button then worked very hard till the pin popped up. It still amazes me that this button was sitting in the ground for over or around two hundred years and the shank is as strong today as then. Talk about qualitiy craftsmanship. This site is below Route 22 and I mean directly next to Route 22. There must have been 6 tons of junk from society down from the highway. thank god the land adjacent was better. This place just oozes colonial leather,blacksmith,and turkey dinner...you know what I mean. I'll keep you'll posted. I'm feeling a breakthrough find....remember and it may be true. Luck is when hard work and opportunity meet. aloha-johny mc.- www.theadventurelodge.com? ?

Attachments

• P1010061.JPG
    P1010061.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 292
  • P1010063.JPG
    P1010063.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 294
Upvote 0
COOL FINDS Johny.

Congrats ,

Great finds!!! Good luck on your site, and let us hear what you find. WTG!! HH

SUHHHWWEET​