Last Hunt of 2007

azmetaldetector

Sep 22, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites MXT Pro
Wel with high h opes a friend o fmine and I hit the highway for a 2 hr. drive to an old site we heard of and I was able to confirm was an old town. It was right off the highway so we figured someone had detected it, but we figured we could find something. Well we were wrong....we found next to nothing and it was really trashy so that added to the frustration. We drove around a bit more and looked up another site that we knew dated back to the 1700s but it was marked private when we got there. Then we found some old adobe foundations in another area and we basically struck out except the lone wheatie my friend found. We hit one more older looking house that ended up not being so old and my friend found a few wheats and I dug this silver plated spoon. Other finds are pictured below. The shotgun shell headstamp is Peters HV 12 Ga. Dates to between 1897-1934.
Very disappointing end to the 2007 year, but hopefully 2008 will be better.

Attachments

• Dec 31.jpg
    Dec 31.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 255
Upvote 0
Oh well, it looks like you found some stuff...and now you know more about some different sites and got to detect with a friend :)

HH!
TBGO

One never knows when they will hit it big. Congrats on what you did find.

Lots of great things in Arizona. Have a ball

HH

Sanat

on the bright side Az

From the land of the Bluenose.....on the bright side got out, saw the lay ofthe land and had the copany of a digging Bud! That's what it is all about!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back