Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made one last foray to the beach this morning about sunup. Took my GTI 2500 this time. Now I have used all 3! Found six quarters, 3 dimes and six pennies in areas that I had already been over with my other detectors. No problems with black sand this time. I think I must have had a loose connection or something as it just ignored the black strips on the beach! Operator error no doubt. Also found a nice little Buck penknife if I can get all the crud off of it I will post a pic. The quarters today were from 4 to six inches deep and really cruddy. This lake has a very high salinity content even though it's fresh water. The pennies are almost unrecognizable. Got all of them soaking in peroxide hoping to get some of the crud off. It was darn hot this morning the temp being at 80 at sunup and near 90 by 9:00 AM and no breeze to help cool off! I'm going to give the beach a rest for awhile and let the swimmers use it for a month or so and plant a new crop of rings. I got three off this one beach all ready. I feel I have barely tapped it's potential for recovering jewelry but I have no water equipment and I'm not wading with expesive detector lest I should drop it. JIM

Upvote 0
I've tied an old cloth belt around the stick just under the battery pack and brought one part over my back and then the other part around front...fastened on the left shoulder. Maybe that would do the trick for you. :-\

Good deal Jim,

there's bound to be more, keep at it as weather permits - it's in the 90s range here too (no good unless you're in the water)!

HH

Lonewolfe

WTG Jimmy,a little clad beats a lot of nothing! At least you weren't eaten alive again. ;D Surf temp.here is about 87 -88 degrees,even that is a little warm.Try to keep cool in this infernal heat,fall will soon be here.That means winter's not too far along either,everybody'll be talking about how cold it is then :D .I'll be out on the beach fighting with French Canadians :o over clad! LOL,I miss the change of seasons,we don't have those down here in S.FL. :( .Good luck to you-H.H.-diggummup

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back