Large Sterling Flatware Set Yard Sale Find

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was one of those rare days with my dad visiting so we could wrench on cars but always start the day with yard sales.

I had a few community sales on my list but once we finished them, we started making our way back to the main drag for some breakfast. Cutting through a brand new track of houses, I spotted another sign and figured one more wont hurt before breakfast.

I approached the open garage door and saw the flatware set thinking “oh, silver plate….not interested“ until I noticed just how white it looked on the far side of the set. Closer inspection revealed some silver pieces that were much older and mixed in with the basic forks/spoons so I figured those were worth getting and could just pull them and donate the rest.

I paid the guy his asking price of 50 bucks and loaded it into my truck. As I started to drive away, my dad started looking and noticed it was all sterling. It just happened to be really clean.

So by sheer dumb luck, I picked up 5 pounds of Towle ”Solitaire Rose” flatware (not including the knife handles so might be closer to 6lbs) with other one-off serving pieces at 9:15am in a heavily hunted neighborhood. I guess that goes to show never pass a sign based off location.

Attachments

• BBBE2FC8-DC3A-465E-8419-E551CD74B98D.jpeg
    BBBE2FC8-DC3A-465E-8419-E551CD74B98D.jpeg
    554.7 KB · Views: 84
  • A5F322B5-605D-4743-9DA1-D2C5BD3BCC07.jpeg
    A5F322B5-605D-4743-9DA1-D2C5BD3BCC07.jpeg
    544 KB · Views: 85
Dang…that is a good find. This is why you always check.

I got to a sale late and saw a giant centerpiece with fake flowers in it. Flipped it over and it was a Gotham wedding centerpiece. Always worth checking.

Excellent find! That's about $1,600 worth in melt value right now! 😃👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back