Large Silver and a Small Silver today..

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had 3 hunts in a row without silver, just clad.... then a Rosie day, Oh well... getting better...

Today I braved the cold and wind... fingers were freezing... I was detecting an old farm field when I got a silver dime or maybe quarter id,,,,

6" down and in water I pulled out a tarnished 1898 Barber Half... Yaahoo also pulled a 1920 Merc and 1977 Dog license...

It took quite a bit of electrolysis to clean it half decent... both coins are well worn.

12-22.jpg

12-22-1.jpg

12-22-2.jpg

12-22-3.jpg

Upvote 31
Congrats once again Mr. Bass. You are a silver slayer. Barber halves are one of my favorite coins to find. Call me crazy but I might take a good barber half over a Morgan dollar. Keep the good stuff coming!

Nice old coin shooting, congratulations! :occasion14:

That's a great day. Congrats :occasion14:

pretty awesome Barber, congrats on the double

One of these days I’ll find a Barber Half.....
Until then, I’ll say to you what I’ve said hundreds of times.
Congratulations on finding a Barber Half.

One of my white whales...the elusive Barber half dollar...verrrrrry nice Bass! I've found several Barber dimes and quarters, but no half yet, so I'll just slobber on yours for a minute. Cleaned up nice, also the Merc's not bad either...Congrats and thanks for sharing, Ddf.

Congrats on the big silver. Barber half is on my wish list to hopefully find next year, fingers cross. HH

Hi, nice finds. Congrats:icon_thumright:

Ive had to many hunts with the big ol goose egg. Glad you did so well that half is sweeeeeeet. Happy Holidays Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back