Large or stock coil?

Hi, I bought the 18 inch excelerator thinking I would use it relic hunting but find the stock coil works best. Not only is it easier on your shoulder its easier to maneuver around the woods. I sometimes hit an area with one coil and then next chance re detect with another. I always use the hot also. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck. Oh yeah be patient with all the shotgun shells you'll be finding. :o

Roy

Can't help you on this one. You need to let us know what kind of detector you are using and what part of the country you live in. I hunt civil war all the time. Live in Missouri. Use a stock coil and find many relics. A large coil is ideal for hunting large deep ordnance, but you will miss many of the smaller buttons and balls.

I have a Whites DFX. I am going to be hunting in Virginia around Cold Harbor. I don't want to miss the mini's or buttons but I do want to go deeper of course, that is why I was considering the larger coil for the job. I don't know if the 14 inch coil will lose the buttons and mini's or increase the find. I know its possible to lose smaller targets but how small??? I don't know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back