Large one cent

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this today. The back side you can clearly see One Cent. the face is much worse. I can see the stars and the face a little but the date, nothing. I have tried the peroxide thing and Q-tips. Am still going to work on it. Hope I don't ruin it completely! large cent 008.JPGlarge cent 011.JPG

Upvote 14
Nice LC. It's toasty, but still counts... congrats.

Nice find but it's not going to get much better then what you have now. Coat it with some wax and display it proudly :thumbsup:

Very nice find! Congrats!

I feel your pain, my LC is also toast with an unreadably date....sigh, the hunt goes on.

ah, to have such a problem as this.... looks mighty fine to me OldJerseyGirl.

nice find.Her silver friends might be close by

nice find!, be careful how much more you do, Looks to be close to as much as youre gonna get from it

Thank you, I know it is not worth anything soooo, I am going to put it in lemon juice. I want so badly to see a date. I will not part with it anyway. Probably not going to do anything. Here in Jersey they do not fare well. I have found two others and they were so bad you could see nothing at all.

Looks like a good candidate for electrolysis.. :thumbsup: Careful though, don't over cook it..:dontknow: It will likely be very pitted when done. Like others said its basically toast. When a coin corrodes, there is no coin left it has turned into corrosion. So getting good detail from a coin like this is almost impossible. Getting a date is not likely, but a great find none the less. :occasion14:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Good find, put her in mineral or olive oil, I'd personally would go for the mineral oil. Congrats!
I just sent you a PM.

Last edited:
Nice LC. I have to say they are one of my most favorite coins to find . That big chunk of copper sure rings up nice.

Nice old coin. I have to agree you most likely will not get a date from it. Just be happy in knowing you have something many people hunt decades for but don't find. Congrats to you!:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back