Greenie
Aug 14, 2013
Middletown, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Whites Prizm IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this several hours ago deep in the woods...It is so worn that I can't make out the date, but I can see the outline of a woman's bust on one side and only one letter on the reverse, an "S" on the rim. I think that it may be a large cent, if it is, then this will be my oldest find to date, so I'm pretty stoked, even though it is well worn. Can anyone help me out with this one?

IMG_1550.jpg

Def looks like a coin of some sort,appears to be about the same size as a large cent.hard to tell with the pic. appears that the head is facing left. maybe a matron head large cent or something older.anyways, congrats on a good find!

Upvote 0
It is well circulated, if you look at the middle you can see the figure, it does not show up so well in the photograph....

Upvote 0
Probably a large cent. We need to see better pictures of both sides. Clear is better than close-up although a clear close-up is obviously best. Also the measurements and weight if you can get it.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
I see a Matron or Coronet head on the side shown, 1816-1839. I actually found one myself on Saturday, but mine is in much worse condition than yours.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back