Large Cent ? Colonial Copper Coin?

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_1726.JPG
I spent two hours hunting a small park and dug $2.92 in clad and a copper piece that could be a Large Cent or possibly a colonial copper coin but it's so toasted that there's absolutely no detail left on it. After getting the dirt and green crust off it I looked at it with a high-powered magnifying glass and there was no identiying marks on it.

Upvote 12
View attachment 2083549 I spent two hours hunting a small park and dug $2.92 in clad and a copper piece that could be a Large Cent or possibly a colonial copper coin but it's so toasted that there's absolutely no detail left on it. After getting the dirt and green crust off it I looked at it with a high-powered magnifying glass and there was no identiying marks on it.
nice bonus, always cool to pop a late drop on a modern site..found a fatty indian an inch down in a totlot last winter, you never know....:)

Looks like it could be a LC - congrats !
Thanks E-Trac.....I wish there'd have been at least a few letters on it so I'd have a better idea as to what it was.

nice bonus, always cool to pop a late drop on a modern site..found a fatty indian an inch down in a totlot last winter, you never know....:)
Thanks.....the copper piece was four inches deep. The clad ranged from barely in the ground to six inches deep.

View attachment 2083549 I spent two hours hunting a small park and dug $2.92 in clad and a copper piece that could be a Large Cent or possibly a colonial copper coin but it's so toasted that there's absolutely no detail left on it. After getting the dirt and green crust off it I looked at it with a high-powered magnifying glass and there was no identiying marks on it.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back