Large Aluminum?? From a One Room Schoolhouse Site: UPDATED PHOTOS

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
From a one room schoolhouse site within 20 feet of where two Indian heads came up I found this large piece of aluminum that looks like some sort of cooking pot maybe? It has three attachment points. Approximately 8 inches in diameter. Thanks in advance for any input on this one!
Jerry

Recipe for disaster? I had to see what this thing looked like originally..or close to it anyways so i boiled it for 20 mins to soften the aluminum a bit and then put it on my workbench and gently :wink: persuaded it back to this shape. There are just three attachment points so I guess the third eyelet was used for tipping it? It is 9 inches in diameter and 3-1/2 inches deep.

Attachments

• indians and relic1.JPG
    indians and relic1.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 530
  • indians and relic2.JPG
    indians and relic2.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 529
  • indians and relic1.JPG
    indians and relic1.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 534
  • indians and relic2.JPG
    indians and relic2.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 541
  • pale boiling2.JPG
    pale boiling2.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 426
  • pale straight.JPG
    pale straight.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 417
Re: Large Aluminum?? From a One Room Schoolhouse Site

It's a pale of some type.
Newt

Upvote 0

Yes, it is most certainly an aluminum pot or pail--as Newt said.

Upvote 0

As a 'devotee to Dali' I suggest you put that one on ebay under Art :thumbsup:
Mike (Dali is Good)

Upvote 0

trikikiwi said:
As a 'devotee to Dali' I suggest you put that one on ebay under Art :thumbsup:
Mike (Dali is Good)

Now THERE'S an idea!

Let us know what the gavel price is. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Jerry,

I have found those eyelets--and now because of your post :thumbsup: I know what they were attached to--but I don't know what the function of the attachments was--unless it was dangled over a flame. :icon_scratch: I'll post some of those attachments I have dug when I get a chance...If I forget, please PM me.

Regards,

Buckles

Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
Jerry,

I have found those eyelets--and now because of your post :thumbsup: I know what they were attached to--but I don't know what the function of the attachments was--unless it was dangled over a flame. :icon_scratch: I'll post some of those attachments I have dug when I get a chance...If I forget, please PM me.

Regards,

Buckles
Do your eyelets look anything like this Buckleboy? This eyelet is brass, riveted to brass with copper rivets.

Attachments

• eyelet.JPG
    eyelet.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 407
Upvote 0
Ohio Jerry said:
BuckleBoy said:
Jerry,

Regards,

Buckles
Do your eyelets look anything like this Buckleboy? This eyelet is brass, riveted to brass with copper rivets.

Yes they do! Same sort of doohickey? Brass pot?

Upvote 0
Don't agree that it was overheated as it hung. Overheated as it sat in a fire; largely overheated enough to curl it. Interesting. -Noodle

Upvote 0
we joke about ebay but seriously I think you could market it right and it would sell, because folks are that...well you know.

Post the pics just like you did here in that order and call it a magic expandable pot and see the bids fly...lol

Upvote 0
Just a thought,if the chain going to the middle eyelet were just a bit longer than the other 2,and hung over a flame,you could then pour out of the unchained side :coffee2:,and refill if needed

Upvote 0
txkickergirl said:
we joke about ebay but seriously I think you could market it right and it would sell, because folks are that...well you know.

Post the pics just like you did here in that order and call it a magic expandable pot and see the bids fly...lol
LOL,i have 715 positive feedbacks on ebay 100% positive or i might try it!

Upvote 0
fish4walleye said:
Just a thought,if the chain going to the middle eyelet were just a bit longer than the other 2,and hung over a flame,you could then pour out of the unchained side :coffee2:,and refill if needed
I was thinking along those same lines fish4walleye, the third eyelet must have been for tipping and pouring but i'm just guessing :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0
txkickergirl said:

I used to pick up the kids toys before firing up the lawn tractor, got tired stopping to pick up all the stuff left out and decapitated more than one Barbie, I put one of those Barbie heads on ebay in the "totally bizarre" section as a joke....the winning bid was 4 bux. ;D

List it up on ebay,,it will sell. :wink:

Upvote 0
Blacksheep said:
txkickergirl said:

I used to pick up the kids toys before firing up the lawn tractor, got tired stopping to pick up all the stuff left out and decapitated more than one Barbie, I put one of those Barbie heads on ebay in the "totally bizarre" section as a joke....the winning bid was 4 bux. ;D

List it up on ebay,,it will sell. :wink:

I agree--it will Totally sell. If you market it as "Art" it'll go. But I think you should use some mild acid on it to make it shine first--like Alum. Jelly for example will make it gorgeous.

-Buckles

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back