Lamp That Was In a Box At Curb Nobody Wanted

chadkeath

Jan 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi gang and hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. i am. I was driving down the old neighborhood and outside at the curb was a box of stuff with words Free written on it. Well I could not just pass it by and everything in the box was pretty much junk but the one thing that was in it was this vintage lamp and it is beautiful. I have been trying to figure out who possibly could have made this? It is heavy and has a egg shape iridescent carnival glass with many colors and patterns. The base is marble and brass. I have looked around trying to figure out who could have made this. I have found some that are somewhat close and were made by Murano. But still coming up short. So I figured i would ask for help on the board and see if anyone has some information. I mean for free cant beat it. DSC00323.JPGDSC00324.JPGDSC00329.JPGDSC00327.JPG

Nice rescue! The lamp appears to be old by the type of turn switch that is on it, some of the hardware on the top and it could have been re-wired? However the globe on it looks newer because what is meant to like look stained glass was applied over the globe and not soldered. Does the bottom globe light up as well? It is hard to tell by the photos. A picture of the bottom of the lamp base would be very helpful to try to determine more about it.

Upvote 0
Hi thanks so far for the answers. I think this has been rewired for a more updated plug. The bottom has felt on it. I did hear from somebody and they said this is a possible Loetz art glass lamp. i never heard of them before. It would make sense to have a re-wired lamp if the other cord to it was bad off. But who knows.

Upvote 0
I dont know why but I always had trouble selling these large old lamps

Upvote 0
Lamp That Was In a Box At Curb Nobody Wanted (?)

That's odd.
Most curbs I see are in perfectly good condition; why wouldn't somebody want one. :laughing7:

As for the lamp.... maybe in the right decor?
Or maybe if you lopped the top off and put the bulb inside?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back