Lake still giving up interesting finds, earring, ring, religious medallion and wheats

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went knocking on doors last night after dinner, got permission and was at a 1700's home for about an hour and a half this morning, came up with a wheat, 1946 and a piece of UFO pewter. I left there and knocked on another beautiful old home and got permission on what looks like a great site. I be there 7:00 am to beat the heat tomorrow morning.
I ended up at the lake around the pier again without the boat and found an earring that has no marks on it, I was chasing a 50ish signal when in my scoop was a 1964 nickel and hanging on the outside was the earring. It has that tarnished look, we'll see what happens when I zap it with my hillbilly zapper. Also was chasing another 50ish signal when this religious medallion showed up in the scoop. It says,"sanctus Josephus" on front, "the pious union of St. Joseph's death" And a ring that has no marks but looks gilded? I also found a 1947 nickel, the three wheats from the lake are, 1946, 1953, and a 1953 D
Enjoy the pix, HH & GL
Brad

Attachments

• SAM_0781.JPG
    SAM_0781.JPG
    578.5 KB · Views: 118
  • SAM_0782.JPG
    SAM_0782.JPG
    528.1 KB · Views: 123
  • SAM_0783.JPG
    SAM_0783.JPG
    544.8 KB · Views: 120
  • SAM_0784.JPG
    SAM_0784.JPG
    421 KB · Views: 109
  • SAM_0785.JPG
    SAM_0785.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 113
  • SAM_0786.JPG
    SAM_0786.JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 113
  • SAM_0788.JPG
    SAM_0788.JPG
    321.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Upvote 6
That ring almost has the look of the Japanese Rising Sun. Congrats on getting permissions. My last one gave me nothing but an old farm implement washer and several spent rifle cartridges.:icon_thumright:

Looks like you found a good variety of treasure

Nice ring Brad. Hopefully the colonial stuff will come soon.

Nice ring Brad. Hopefully the colonial stuff will come soon.

Sooner or later, this stuff I like, but some colonial silver would be cool. Keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow morning.

That ring almost has the look of the Japanese Rising Sun. Congrats on getting permissions. My last one gave me nothing but an old farm implement washer and several spent rifle cartridges.:icon_thumright:

For a junk ring I like it

You and that lake...Its like going to the pool everyday for you...
Good luck tomorrow. .That house has potential. ..Go get all the surface stuff off for me with ur toy and then ill come Fri and get the deep stuff. ..lol

You and that lake...Its like going to the pool everyday for you... Good luck tomorrow. .That house has potential. ..Go get all the surface stuff off for me with ur toy and then ill come Fri and get the deep stuff. ..lol
Wow that is too damn funny. Hey Brad there's something on George's post I'd like you to see

I'm not looking!
Yeah right. You know you can't resist. It's pirate treasure bro. It will give you an example of what you're looking for. Or I guess you could google it if you don't want to see the real deal that your boy saved from the dirt!

More will be revealed.

Here are the cleaned up pix

Attachments

• SAM_0788.JPG
    SAM_0788.JPG
    321.4 KB · Views: 85
Nice finds! I'd test the ring. The water sure like you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back