Mar 10, 2007

Attachments

• pin8553.JPG
    pin8553.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 413
  • pin8556.JPG
    pin8556.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 404
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Kenosha Kid said:
Care to share how you came to this conclusion when the Secret Sisterhood Ladybug Society forum shows 6 members that all joined in 2006? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
http://bchgirl.forumup.us/memberlist.php?mforum=bchgirl

I wondered the same thing, KK......

I found info where one lady "started the SSLS without even knowing it" and am amazed at how unusual it all is.

Sky Pilot

Upvote 0
Great info, KK.

I see where that one sold at auction 24 September 2007...

And the maker's mark can be great help too, although I've had no luck so far.

Sky Pilot

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Sky Pilot said:
mrs.oroblanco said:

:icon_thumleft: WOW!! Great job B! :icon_thumright:

May as well green check the bottom one cause Mrs. Oroblanco knocked it outta the park!

Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot, How can you say the B/N ID was right on when the person wanting the ID is the same one selling it? Sounds like someone is speculating to me. Just my honest opinion.

Upvote 0
wildrider said:
Sky Pilot, How can you say the B/N ID was right on when the person wanting the ID is the same one selling it? Sounds like someone is speculating to me. Just my honest opinion.

@ Wildrider: I never paid any attention to who was sellin' the pin on ebay. In fact it never crossed my mind and never would've if you hadn't mentioned it and pointed it out.

However you look at it, Mrs. Oroblanco found it on the 'net and (I'd bet she never saw who had it for sale either), so she deserves credit for the work!!

The fact that we were misled (in my opinion) is another point. For sure someone is speculating here but it ain't me, it seems like Marble either already knows what they have

(in which case why post it here? I have no clue!) or Marble was indeed speculating when they posted it.

Either way, no deception or speculation on my end friend! :thumbsup: I'm sure B had no idea either but I only speak for myself. I reckon I have a habit of takin' people at their word.

Whatever the case, I'm glad you were thoughtful enough to look at who had posted the item on ebay, Wildrider.

@ Marble:What gives Marble?

Sky Pilot

Upvote 0
wildrider said:
Sky Pilot said:
mrs.oroblanco said:

:icon_thumleft: WOW!! Great job B! :icon_thumright:

May as well green check the bottom one cause Mrs. Oroblanco knocked it outta the park!

Sky Pilot

Actually I took the ID response on face value myself too. But now that you brought it to light (and I clicked on the ebay link Mrs. O provided), your right. It is not the Burlington Northern Logo at all. This is-
bn.jpg

I would tend to believe that an employee pin would have the same logo as the one the RR used for it's 26 year history.

Upvote 0
DITTO on the- @ Marble:What gives Marble?

I sell alot of things on Ebay. If I am not 100% sure of what something actually is, I will state that in my listing.
Also I see you have the ladybug pin listed too as- Secret Sisterhood Ladybug Society Officer 10K Pin OLD- how do you figure this when it has been established that-

Sky Pilot said:
Kenosha Kid said:
Care to share how you came to this conclusion when the Secret Sisterhood Ladybug Society forum shows 6 members that all joined in 2006? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
http://bchgirl.forumup.us/memberlist.php?mforum=bchgirl

I wondered the same thing, KK......

I found info where one lady "started the SSLS without even knowing it" and am amazed at how unusual it all is.

Sky Pilot

A little embellishment is okay in your listings but I believe you took it to the next level.

Upvote 0
Holy Crap!!

Good job, Diggummup!!

Yeah, for sure that ladybug ain't old if it's a SSLS pin!

Embellishment is one thing, horse crap is another!

Sky Pilot

Upvote 0
I tend to not believe most of a fleabay-listed item's claims and this pretty much sums it up. To claim an item is something, when it is totally false, is low. To use a false claim for monetary gain(s) is even lower.

After reading all of this and calling BS on your fleabay listings and improper IDs, I've decided not to post an answer.

This is the first time for me in doing so. I have absolutely no problem in helping someone out, doing research and finding (or assist in finding) the correct identification. I, and others that help out in identifying "What Is It" items, do so at no charge and on our own free time. Please take that in to consideration if you ever again decide to participate here.

As a teaser to the answer, look at the bottom row of the pic :

Attachments

• BN ring.jpg
    BN ring.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back