Labor Day…

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
It doesn’t mean as much since retirement. All my weekends are
L-o-n-g! I’m smoking a brisket today. Here’s a pic of it after 14 hours in fridge with my dry rub. I know the lore: 18-24 hours low and slow. This bad boy will be delicious in about 6 hrs. Burnt ends, juicy, smoky flavor and tender. Ive had the 24 hour stuff and Loved it! Not arguing technique. Will show finished product later. Have a safe weekend, especially if traveling.☮️

Attachments

• IMG_1905.jpeg
    IMG_1905.jpeg
    837.2 KB · Views: 24
It doesn’t mean as much since retirement. All my weekends are
L-o-n-g! I’m smoking a brisket today. Here’s a pic of it after 14 hours in fridge with my dry rub. I know the lore: 18-24 hours low and slow. This bad boy will be delicious in about 6 hrs. Burnt ends, juicy, smoky flavor and tender. Ive had the 24 hour stuff and Loved it! Not arguing technique. Will show finished product later. Have a safe weekend, especially if traveling.☮️
That -looks -good! All that seasoning set into the meat. Let me know next time so that I can drive on up for supper! 😊 I’ll bring the potato salad

I've never smoked a brisket but that makes me want to try. What kind of smoker?
Homemade. It’s down right hillbilly style. I’ll get a photo after the sun is up. I burn wood from the timber; no pellets, gas, electric, etc. Hard to control temp this way. Gotta watch it constantly.

Here’s the smoker 😂
Stacked block, no mortar, but works great as long as you tend it regularly
My wife bought me a nice electric smoker a couple of years ago for my birthday. It uses chips and is super easy to control. I smoke a lot of fish and if they get too hot or are smoked too long it gets dried out & tough.

My wife bought me a nice electric smoker a couple of years ago for my birthday. It uses chips and is super easy to control. I smoke a lot of fish and if they get too hot or are smoked too long it gets dried out & tough.
Electric smokers are super. I’m just one of those “minimalist types” on some things. Plus, I have over 150 acres of timbers. Plenty of hardwood going to waste after trees die.

Plenty of hardwood going to waste after trees die.
You can make charcoal out of it. Not sure that would make smoking any easier, though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back